What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. cyclosecta (Yucca Do 1715) for trade

I have an ~1" Ping for trade, the original plant came labelled as 'Yucca Do 1715' but online research hints that its identity is actually P. cyclosecta, see here.

Looking for any easy-to-grow Drosera other than D. capensis, including pygmy Drosera, but I'd take a look at anything you've got!

UPDATE: Due to the evidence presented here and comparison with photos, I'm thinking this ping is more likely to be a Yucca Do 1713 (possibly 1717- they look very similar). Basically, trader beware, this ID might be inaccurate!

here it is with its twin... obviously in need of a division!
pcyclosecta.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Yucca Dew 1-1700 or 1710? I've got 1713 & 1717 and they look identical! BTW, these pings are uber-easy to propogate via leaf pullings:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg
cyclosecta, for perspective

IMG_0182.jpg

Actually 1715 is not cyclosecta. 1715 is the cultivar 'Enigma' which I believe to be a wild hybrid between 1714 (which is cyclosecta) and 1717 (which is esseriana/jauvamensis.) Check the ICPS cultivar site for more details on it :)

Also, I have to say that from the photo, I am not sure that is 1715. Looks more like 1717 or 1713. Might I enquire who provided you with the original plant?? You can PM me if you prefer to keep it non-public.

Okay, so this is the one I kinda think it looks like 1775 ...
P.1775.jpg

And you think it's 1715 so I'm going to guess you missed the second 7 as a 1 BUT!!!! Pyro knows way more about these than me :)

Andrew

Yeah, the above pic looks like 1715.

My pic above should be 1775, I got it from you so that should be correct. ???

There is no 1775 :)

YuccaDo Pings are:

1712 unknown sp.
1713 esserina/jauvamensis
1714 cyclosecta
1715 'Enigma' (believed to be 1714 x 1717)
1716 potosiensis
1717 esseriana/jauvamensis
1718 potosiensis

Then you need better handwriting. :0o: :-O LOL Good to know :glare:

goodness, so much confusion over pings!! ;)

actually jimscott sent me the original plant so it may be a 1713 or 1717... i thought it said 1715 on the packet but i could be wrong! i swear i'm dyslexic at times, it might have been a blonde moment.

and if it is a cyclosecta (which it may not be now... hmm...) sorry Andrew, i didn't realize you sold that one! :blush: i'll take it down if you want me to!

nah- it doesn't look like cyclosecta. :)

No worries hehe

still wanting to trade??

i have: P agnata (True Blue), P esseriana,P gracilis x moctezumae,P jaumavensis, N gracilis (blk) please email if interested at: frogsintn2@yahoo.com
rich

Never mind

Dumb question: why are 1713 & 1717 identical parentage as well as 1716 & 1718? And what happened to 1-1710 or so?

I've got a Drosera roseana. I don't have enough light for it, and have been thinking of trading it. One of the two that are in the pot died, but there is a new plant coming up.

CIMG5489.jpg

Then you need better handwriting. :0o: :-O LOL Good to know :glare:

Not the first time I have heard that comment :p

jimscott said:
Dumb question: why are 1713 & 1717 identical parentage as well as 1716 & 1718?

Different locations. The YuccaDo plants were collected (legally) back in the early 90's from around Mexico by a nursery in TX. Every plant was given a unique code when it was colected so that it could be tracked back to its specific location.

And what happened to 1-1710 or so?

My guess would be that YuccaDo plants 1-1711 were all non-Ping plants from Mexico.

The other thought I has was that maybe the one parent produced male end of things in one cross and vice-versa.... kinda like moranensis x ehleresiae as opposed to ehleresiae x moranensis.

Hello all :)

Closed trade by PM, thanks to everybody for their offers! And ID help!

Here's the really funny part... I picked up the pot to separate the plants and realized I'd written the correct label on the bottom of it, but it got jumbled somehow on the way to the white label :blush: yeeeeah i'm special.

So yes, I'm 100% certain it's a 1713!!!

Back