What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't laugh! Looking for D. capensis pollen

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys. I'm looking for D. capensis pollen. I've got a capensis x spatulata scape forming and I'd like to make D. capensis x (D. capensis x spatulata). I'd give whoever sends me the pollen half the seed that is produced, if any is produced at all, but I can't promise there will be seeds because I don't know if they hybrid is sterile or not. If it self-pollinates (which I don't know if it will or not) you'd get half of that seed, too. I think the complex hybrid produced (if it produces good seed) would look like a petite D. capensis and should be pretty easy to grow.

Clint

I saw that and it also said reported as F by others. I figure it can't hurt to try and if I fail the only thing lost is 41 cents for a stamp.

I should have PLENTY of scapes sitting around in flower. I'll check tonight. would you just want the whole stalk cut off, and thrown in an envelope?

Sure, that works for me. I'll AIM you later.

awesome! i tried to do D. capensis x indica... but it failed. I'll try again with some other drosera when others bloom... :)

i may have some stalks if andrew dosen't send it to you first :)

I had 37 flower stalks completely spent. 31 of those were already dumping seed... And only 4 stalks that have a few buds left to open. 1 of which is white flower form. I sent those out today... Dunno if you want to accept more, or if you think that's enough.... But that's what you get from me :p

Andrew

Back