What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade: N. ampullaria 'red giant'

Grapefruit?! :hail: Phil, you're awesome. Wow, didn't know that.

Anyway, the people that were interested before (with good trades) are slow in replying, and I'm getting MANY odd offers that I don't want, plus ones that aren't even up for trade. ??? So I'll think about it guys, no more trade offers for now. Thanks.

Oh and Rattler...you haven't seen what this amp can do. It's not like the other ones that have been up for grabs here lately.

i know what the amp is...............never said this was the only place i was looking at amps........

cprus....hope you find it a good home

grapefruits?!?

Now, are we talking your regular, pink grapefruit....

or pomellos?

:poke:

Manny...Sorry...I wasn't trying to pick on you. :)

But most people put a " :) " at the end of a jesty post.

Just ask Sundew Matt. :-)) Yeah, a lot of people won't get that. lol

A N. hamata for a D. capensis??
Not according to "Griffin's Law of Trading!"

:-O

Its up to Cprus to set his trade requirements and if he wants a ceph, then he wants a ceph. If someone wants to trade a N. hamata for a D. capensis, they can.

I will add also that you must not have seen JMatt's cephs. I think he could provide quite an equal trade. :)

lol Just an example, folks, just an example.

Who knows....one day a Hummer's Giant might appear on here for trade for a D. capensis. Ya never know. :D

Go for it! Just to say it has been done!

:woot:

Just to update everyone about the nep trade. Currently I am not taking anymore offers as I have two people with fantastic offers that I am considering...and it's a hard decision. Thanks everyone for the offers, I'll update when I've come to a decision. Everyone's PM has been responded to as I have viewed everyone's offer.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

After days of consideration, I have finalized a trade with a forum member. This person may say who they are if they like. This is by far the best trade I have ever done both in plant exchanging as well as conduct. Both parties under great consideration have been notified of my decision. Thank you all..

Thanks for posting the most exciting trade topic in the forums for a while. Although, I ended up in second place, you must have gotten a really great plant to have passed this up, congratulations.
P1060742.jpg

Anyone else have a N. amp "Giant Red"?

I offered
-adult ceph (although growing small pitchers currently)
-D. ordensis plant grown from seed (approx 2 yrs old)
-D. prolifera
-D. falconeri
And I meant to add D. regia 'Big Easy' but I forgot :p

I know this wasn't really a "what will you give me" but it never hurts to try :) Might I also add, that I had no idea there was something *special* about this plant... I'm just kinda on the hunt for N. amp forms lol

I'm also curious of what "won" :)

I'm glad cprus found what he was looking for though!!

Andrew

Yes that is a very nice ceph you have there. Anyone who can grow a ceph out to that size should be proud. I'm not sure what made cprus decide on my plant? All I can tell you is that the plant he chose is just two years old from a single pitcher cutting. It has gained quite a bit of size in two years. There are many growing points. It is very packed and I'm not sure how many there are. The plant is the clone Hummers Giant. All of the dull red coloring on the plant is this past summers growth. It got lots of sun at that time. There is a flush of new growth starting now. It is not loaded with tons of big pitchers now, it hasn't been around long enough. It should look pretty good by spring. The three smaller photos are of the original mother plant that this came from. If he gives it just the right conditions he can expect really big pitchers like that. It's not an easy task, the plant has to be real happy. This time of year is also a great time for taking cuttings. There are plenty of leaves on this plant for that. I think both plants he had to choose from are great! Growing cephs big is an accomplishment anybody should be proud of.
JMatt

dsc01465ul5.jpg

dsc01467cj2.jpg

dsc01462si9.jpg

The Mother plant.

017fuz9.jpg

copyof016fik8.jpg

hummersgiant5kn5.jpg

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

After days of consideration, I have finalized a trade with a forum member. This person may say who they are if they like. This is by far the best trade I have ever done both in plant exchanging as well as conduct. Both parties under great consideration have been notified of my decision. Thank you all..

You're welcome. :poke:

I still hate to see the amp go to Rhode Island. And they're Red Sox fans...ugh. :slap:

Did I mention I was trying to get the plant for Cal State University Fullerton? Maybe I could have lobbied forum members to get that amp in an institution. Seriously, I would have chosen the Hummer's Giant too. Here is the proud grower of the Cephalotus:
P1060773.jpg

On a related note, has anyone heard of the Ceph clone "Bubble Giant"? Does anyone have pics?

Are there any pictures available out there for this giant red amp?
I have Cantleys red and that is a nice clone, but everybody says the pitchers on this are much bigger. Grapefruit? Never heard of anything like that. I would love to see a picture though.
JMatt

Steve,

Never heard of Bubble Giant...just German Giant and Hummer's Giant (are they the same?) I don't grow cephs, so I have no clue.

JMatt,
If anyone has a pic of the plant at it's full potential, it'll be philcula. Though I've seen a green amp that was apple sized, never seen one grapefruit sized...and this one is RED!

I hope I didn't upset or disappoint anyone. I was simply doing what I thought was best for me and the plant, If anyone can grow this plant into a monster, I'd think Jmatt is the man to do it, it was just time for me to pass it along, might as well go out with a bang right? Srduggins, you never mentioned it was for Cal State Fullerton, and thank you for not lobbying against my trade:-D

I actually have the giant green form amp that can make orange sized pitchers eventually, it's pitchering like crazy for me so far. The red giant was a miss for me, never was very happy with me from the start, it was a lot happier with Phil to be honest, but I kept it alive and well. Now it's time for it to go out into the world and grow into that giant thing it's suppose to, so I'm happy that it's leaving to reach its full potential.

Back