What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthese inermis sase

:hail: :hail: hi i was wondering is anybody has seeds of nepenthes inermis if you do can we trade 100+sarracenia seed for how many seeds you would like to sase also the sarracenia seed isvery fresh and please let us trade thanks:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Inermis seed doesn't exist in cultivation. If anyone had it, it'd have to be wild collected. Most of it would go to labs around the world, and to get any, you'd know only have to know the right people, but be a VERY good grower, as they wouldn't just hand out seed of a currently rare species so willy-nilly.

Phission to labs for invitro germination correct ???
So like they'd collect from the wild to intoduce more forms into cultivation right ?
Trust me polywer I have tried nepenthes seed many time it is hard to germinate if youve never done it before :) There should be some nepenthes seed giveaways sooner or later...

jm,

Yeah. Lots of times seed is wild collected (especially for the first time, or when being "re-introduced") it's sent to labs around the world for in-vitro propagation. Seed is also sent to prominent growers. This way, even if a few people get no germination, the efforts were still on the whole successful. That's what happened with spec nov DA and sp Cambodia among others at least

oh well i will have to get the plant then if nobody has seed

Back