What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

odd trade (for car people)

I just found 1 chrome Chevy small block timing chain cover, and an unused tube of blue RTV silicone. The timing chain cover was never used, but for some reason only has 10 of the 12 bolts (just found 4 more lol). I can also throw in a door bumper set which is probably good for all 68-72 X bodies, and some (I think) rubber ladder bar bushings.

I haven't had my Nova in about 4 years, so there's no need for me to keep this stuff.

Any car people with something cool to trade? Doesn't have to be a cp, but if it is, keep in mind I'm a neps-only kinda guy.

PM me

haha this is strange whats the deal with all these odd piece trades? first ps3 games and now car parts?

I might trade a kidney for a hamata if anyones interested ?

haha not trying to make fun. just pointing out the direction this thread could be headed :)

What year nova did you have? Any pictures?

Glad to see car people here as well. For the longest time, even now, I've been searching for a good 350 SBC with high nickel and tin for my future '69 camaro project.

I had a 1968 Nova SS clone: (I know I'm forgetting a thing or two, but it's been a while...)
350 LT1 from a 69 vette
750 cfm Edelbrock carb (I think it was 750, can't remember for sure)
dual plane intake manifold
aluminum heads
diff cam...not sure what though since it was there when I bought it
full electronic ignition
Moroso 7qt pan w/ trapdoor
double roller timing chain
diff headers...can't remember what though
24" glass packs (dual exhaust of course)
Chris Alston Chassisworks ladder bars w/ coilovers kit
SS trim
totally stripped except the 3 seats and the dashboard. Didn't have A/C, power steering, or any of that other nonsense. The thing pulled tires if you floored it from a stop. Only about 1", but it was cool anyway. I had about 8k in that car and my parents sold it from under my nose when I was in Germany for about half of that. I almost killed my stepdad that night...can you blame me? :D
I still have the VIN number and everything...I'll track it down one of these days. It definitely sucked getting 8mpg though. I can't imagine trying to afford that these days.

I don't have any pics ATM since I'm in Houston right now, but when I get back to Lubbock (whenever that may be) I'll post some pics

Back