What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gemmae swap

I have about 50 D. scorpioides gemmae to trade for other gemmae.
Brian

Also, this is my first time trading gemmae, how should I package them?

Haha- I just noticed this AM I have some of that gemmae coming along also.

You can use small plastic bags (like jewelers bags) and just drop one or two drops of water in the bag along with the gemmae. that's worked well.

Andrew

Thanks. One more question. How many gemmae should I put in an average "packet".

like 10 since scorpiudes gemmae is large and easy to sow,
I have sent out gemmae to like 6 people so I know how to do it

Thanks for your help. Soooo, does anyone have gemmae to trade?
Brian

I had like 300 gemmae I got rid off :-))
There shoud be some people to trade with you :D

We're pretty much at the end of the gemmae season.

Thanks for telling me. Does anyone have any drosera or nepenthes seeds then?
Again, I have around 50 of them.

Dang !!!
I have not been able to get gemmae :censor:
I had some but it was super small and hard to sow and I have gotten nothing..

Hi Brian, you got anything besides scorpioides? Seems theres some yo-yo on the forums that has kinda flooded it with scorpioides gemmea the last few years :rolleyes: :blush: , so it's pretty common for those that have been on the forums a while. I have D. dichrosepala, D. pulchella, D. enodes, Drosera nitidula subsp. omissa, and one I received as Drosera nitidula × ericksonia.

I use the same method as Andrew to ship and place them in small Styrofoam boxes that I get from work. I have shipped/received them in bubble envelopes, but they have sometimes been a bit bruised by the postal sorting machines. As for how many to put in a pack, I usually put in 15 to 20 gemmae depending on what I have.

His name is steve I think he gave me my scorpoides gemmae and I gae my scorpoides gemmae to 6 other people the never ending chain :D I have shipped gemmae in .5 inch foam that I fold sometimes they reject it since the envolope is so stuffed but I got some gemmae to malaysia in good condtion there growing right now according to him :D

Hello tbone,

I have gemmae of D. nitidula x pulchella for trade. Please let me know if you are interested.
What kind of D. scorpioides do you have?

Hello tbone,

I have gemmae of D. nitidula x pulchella for trade. Please let me know if you are interested.
What kind of D. scorpioides do you have?

Welcome to TF! If you have any left over I'd be happy to work out a trade with you.

Thank you very much, jimscott!
I just checked - I think there is enough gemmae for a trade with you as well.

I have Drosera allantostigma formerly (Drosera nitidula ssp allantostigma)

I'm looking for Drosera pulchella. The second year mine has not made any gemmae and want to start a new pot.
Could trade for other gemmae.

Steve.... a couple weeks late! I'm still perpetuating the D. allantostigma you gave me from 3(?) years ago.

Akuz - I'm all out of pygmy sundew gemmae but have lots of Mexican pings, bladderworts, and a few sundews available.

jimscott,

That's fine - I grow all of these genera. Please, just give me here or by PM a few names of those plants which you think would be a fair trade, and I will pick something from the list.
Thanks!

I have Drosera allantostigma formerly (Drosera nitidula ssp allantostigma)

I'm looking for Drosera pulchella. The second year mine has not made any gemmae and want to start a new pot.
Could trade for other gemmae.
Steve, how do you get them to NOT form gemmae? I'd really like to know :scratch: . Seems like all my pygmies do, 9 months of the year, is form gemmae. Oh, if your still looking for D. pulchella let me know. I have a fresh batch of gemmae on some plants I got while I was in California back in July.

His name is steve I think he gave me my scorpoides gemmae and I gae my scorpoides gemmae to 6 other people the never ending chain :D I have shipped gemmae in .5 inch foam that I fold sometimes they reject it since the envolope is so stuffed but I got some gemmae to malaysia in good condtion there growing right now according to him :D
Shhhh!!!! I keep a look out for a linching party that may want to help me celebrate giving out all those little green beasties.

Back