What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

splendiana x (veitchii x tiveyi)

I have alot of extra N. splendiana x (veitchii x tiveyi) seed
its a couple days old but there is alot of it like a couple 100 seeds I'm offering.
I am wondering if anyone is interested in trading seed for a plant.
the seed is lowland-intermediate by the way.
I am particularly looking for highland nepenthes
spectabilis i would love it if someone had a spare aristolochiodes
maybe a ampullaria.
I do believe the seed is a new hybrid I cant find any pics of a plant on the cp photofinder.

i would trade you a N. Alata 'Luzon' female for them, if the were highlanders =/

alata 'Luzon' and all alata's can be grown in whatever you give them almost.

and yes its a new hybrid. one of the many famous splendiana hybrids! and splendiana is (kampotiana x maxima) kampotiana is similar to mirabilis. and i believe its a highland maxima. so thats an intermediate hybrid. cross that with an intermediate highland hybrid and you get something that likes cooler temps but will do well with a bit warmer temps. but "shouldnt" be grown as a lowlander. phew...

Alex

ok I will move it into my bedroom

SASE? ;-)

Yeah you probably aren't going to get any. Most people don't pay for seed, since it's readily available for free (which is how that cross was distributed). Also, lots of people for some reason don't do too well with nep seed. While cool, hybrid seed is worth about $3 for 20+ seed depending on what it is. Someone trading even a ventrata would still be losing out on the offer. Aristo is worth what now, like $40? You get the point ;)

I would be happy with a ventrata I dont have one yet.
or I could just sow the rest of the seed
I think thats what I'll do.
oh and sase is a Self addressed stamped envelope.

If you don't give them all away...i'll do an sase :)

yeah, thats what i was implying above :0o:

I will gladly trade a ventrata if you get no better offers.
I have extra Red Leopards too, but you have that(essentially) on your growlist.

Cheers,

Joe

yes I have a ventricosa x maxima it was my very first nepenthes.
umm sorry guys I already sowed the seed since there was no offers yesterday.

Back