What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 400 watts metal halide lights w/ bulbs

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
If you ever wanted to give your plants their own sun, here's your chance. This will be perfect to hang in a greenhouse to give extra light. It's also perfect for a LARGE growroom.

Each light comes with it's own bulbs. Each bulb is probably worth $50.

I'll get pics up soon.

so this is ballansts and everything? Arn't those HEAVY? Whatcha lookin for in trade? I have a 250w (i'm pretty sure) in my g/h over some VFTs for the winter.. and that is bright! I can only imagine 400w... lol
Andrew

I don't know what I'm looking for. You got any capensis seeds?

400 watts are nothing, you I started to get some 1000 watts.

Yes they are heavy.

Sure- I've got a few hundred thousand capensis seeds lol for that, I'll trade you :p

Really though, I was just getting more info out there for others... I just pulled my receipt, I have a 250w MH (22,000 lumens) and that easily covers a 4'x4' space of direct/strong light. (from about 3'-4' above)

Andrew

Oh, and as far as weight goes... mine is 26lbs and it says the 400w version of mine is 30lbs. so yours should be somewhere close to that, I'd guess...

Just did overmind.

I don't know what I'm looking for. You got any capensis seeds?

400 watts are nothing, you I started to get some 1000 watts.

Yes they are heavy.

Sure- I've got a few hundred thousand capensis seeds lol for that, I'll trade you :p
NOO!!
I could use some decent lighting for my plants.I only have one light fixture for most of them.
sadly most of my plants I only have one of so I don't have much to trade right now :down:

Ok here's the pics.

250992441O553653669.jpg
250992443O978501639.jpg
250992487O963973603.jpg

250992475O366066929.jpg

The ballast is a multi tap ballast. Meaning that it can be wired to different voltages.
It is currently wired for 277 volts.
It can be wired to 120v, 208v,240v or 277v. I will rewire it to whatever voltage you want. I'll also put a cord and plug on the light so all you have to do is plug it in.

D_Muscipula, posting just to say you have nothing to trade is like raising your hand in class just so you can say you don't know the answer.

How would you hook up a more conventional reflector to that beast?

D_Muscipula, posting just to say you have nothing to trade is like raising your hand in class just so you can say you don't know the answer.

T_T I just don't want to completely miss out on this opputunity
I could send you capensis seed you would have to wait a bit since the seed pods aren't ripe
yet.also if you wanted to wait I could send you a couple plants of capensis red form
they are small seedlings now and are too small to send through the mail
and I could trade some spatulata divisions and I have a ton of adelae but andrew sells that
T_T
oh and I could send you a couple typical flytrap divisions and maybe a small drosera indica too.
sadly none of my neps are large enough to take cuttings yet :down:

Andrew, If you can send me the weight of the light in capensis seeds, it's yours.

You can take off the globe, and make your own reflector. I have a roll of aluminum, I can send some of that. It makes a great reflector.

what about my offer :down: didn't you see it ???

I saw your offer, do you have 40 pounds of capensis seeds?

I could never cut off their flower stalks and send you seed every time they flower :)
my one mature capensi hads flowered four times for me already and you can ahve all the seed it and its offspring produces if ya want.

I'll send you the bulb for the seeds you have now. When you get the remainder I'll send the rest of the light.

Be careful what you wish for. He might take you up on the offer.

never mind my mom says she wont let me run one of these lights casue it would cost too much :down:

According to my estimates, it'll cost about $15 a month to run this light, if you wire it to 120 volts. If you wire it to 240 volt it will cut that cost in half.

Back