What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone. I havent got a chance to get on here lately but here i am. A while back my nepenthes which was originally labeled edinensis put up a flower spike and i crossed it with a Miranda. They say mirandas are sterile but it worked at the time it was my only chance of pollinating it. The plants at my work in the greenhouse were blooming at the same time so i gave it a shot. So here i am i have some nepenthes edinesis(or whatever hybrid its supposed to be) x miranda, available for trade. While i am at it i have lots of devils claw seed as well. Proboscidea louisianica . The nepenthes seed pods turned out on the small side compared to what an average nepenthes capsul size. The seeds are about a quarter of an inch long and seems rather small. but the seed pods swelled and everything so im pretty sure its a success. I planted some already but its only been 2 days as these are fresh of the plant. Well If anyone is interested let me know. Im looking for other nepenthes seed, drosera , sarracenia whatever you may have just send me a message. Thanks.

Those seed are not viable. A quarter of an inch is about 3-5x smaller than they should be....I think. I'm really bad at estimating length but 1/4" seed is entirely too small. Mine usually run an inch, sometimes a little over or under

*DOH!*

Back