What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B. liniflora seed

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Anyone have B. liniflora seed? Looking for a good quantity of it to make a big display this summer! Let me know if you can hook me up.

PM me. We'll work out a dealio.

Not yet. First flower closed last week. Second flower just closed yesterday. Third flower should open this week and fourth bud just emerged. I have no idea how long it takes from flower closing for good and ripe seeds.

Observations: Seems that a new bud appears every week. I wonder how many the plant has the capacity to put out. I did notice that they flower for like 3 days and then close up for good. The stalk itself also goes from vertical to horizontal the last day. Everything has dew on it!

Sorry, no pictures. A co-worker fro my weekend job as supposed to have brought in a camera on Sunday but must've forgotten. I have a camera with no battery life and when I recharged it, it acted as if the batteries were still dead. My old camera buddy is finally dropping off a USB that has pictures taken last September and I requested the camera. We'll see what happens!

Jimscott my seed I got in a trade from you I had sown maybea week ago since I was busy so it has been sitting for awhile do you think I'll get a seedling or 2 ? The pot of airy peat based mix is under a very warm cfl bulb so I am hoping but it is sorta old now ....

At a wild guess from my one pot of these an average of 4 pods per plant - not all the flowers produced pods - and maybe a dozen seeds per pod. I did not hand pollinate. Hand pollination may increase the yield. I did not pay attention to seed maturation time either. Another wild guess, 3-4 weeks.

Larger pots are supposed to yield larger, longer lasting plants. This might increase the seed yield too.

Josh: germination should take about 2 weeks. I do not stratify or otherwise treat the seeds.

Okay I mixed you guys up :(
Sorry I traded gemmae/sent gemmae to like 8 or 10 people.
I hope there is germination they are in a very large pot(8 inches tall)
They are in my tank with cfls in my grow closet that is always warm and the pot is under the cfls so it is getting 80F

Back