What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. heterodoxa

I'm looking for one of the lowland varieties of H. heterodoxa. I don't have much to trade beside S. rubra ssp. rubra, S. pcittacina, S. x catesbaei, S. "Scarlet Belle" and D. filiformis ssp. filiformis. Just thought I'd give this a shot before I went and bought one.

I don;t think there is such an animal. I don't think it is a variety. It is just that heterodoxa can take a little more heat than many heli's. Minor is ok at that too. So is minor x het. I have a het x minor and it lasted a 100 degree summer under shade in the GH, and I just got a minor. Good luck on your search. I think you should be able to get one to work for you with a little care.

Josh,

Heliamphora heterodoxa is the only species of Heliamphora which is confirmed to occur in the Gran Sabana as well as the Ptari Tepui.

he is wanting a Gran Sabana clone, there is a significant diff (Wistuba, et al)

Av

I think H. sarracenioides is from the Gran Sabana, too.

H. 'Tequila' and H. heterodoxa x minor take the heat in the summer just fine for me, with nights only going down to 70. Two others to add to your list if you're not blessed with cool conditions (join the club :( )

very true, its range is from an unnamed mountain to the northern part of La Gran Sabana (McPherson et al)

I stand corrected Thank you

Back