What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lots for trade very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you have?

See the whole point here is we are only just talking to you online. In the end you will be making the final decision. We are just asking you to understand from a conservation standpoint. We are not saying to do nothing. Enjoy the environment. Most of us are miles away from any sort of natural bogs. Enjoy the views. Get some seed or cuttings and so on....but don't rip out like masses of those plants...just becos u think they are very very numerous. Without a positive ID on the species...those species might be endangered yet be very numerous only in that area.

And as everyone said....what kind of sundew is that? sundews are a dime a dozen for most of the temperate species and you can find them easily.

Max,

We obviously dont know the exact details, but your ideas are what everyone thought back when sarracenia were the seas of piture plants we so often hear of and long for. Sure, you're probably correct in assuming taking a few out wont hurt. But WHAT IF it did, in some adverse way? What if other people take "a few" from there all the time? Just think of the what ifs, and no matter how you spin it, it still is poaching. We're not being rude, just blatently honest.

Drosera filiformis and many other species and/ or hybrids grow all over the location! WHEN I FIRST POSTED THE ORIGINAL THREAD I SHOULD HAVE STATED THE FOLLOWING......
I AM GOING TO TAKE (HARVEST) SEEDS, MAYBE A COUPLE OF CUTTINGS, AND MAYBE TRY SAVING A COUPLE FROM BEING STEPPED ON AND KILLED BY FISHERMAN!!!!!
SO STOP ACTING LIKE I AM GOING TO DESTROY THE INVIROMENT BECAUSE I AM DOING NO SUCH THING!

No one is saying you are destroying the enviroment. People are just sort of listing the pro/cons of the situation. These are just suggestions and opinions. No need to get mad about them.

Dude. Caps. Please.

I am not mad, they are not in a national park, and I have permission.....
next?

Aww come on. Give our intelligence a little credit. If you say government doesn't own it, and no individual owns it, how did you get permission from a person whom you say doesn't exist?

I have to agree here with clint. How do you know that this place is a secret place that no one else knows about? You just stated that fisherman walk over the plants so someone must know.

Dude, calm down. If I was you, I'd leave everything there no matter what is going on with the plants (unless they are building something on that piece of land) because don't cps look a whole lot better in their natural enviroment?

Got any pictures of the floating bogs?

Knock off the capslock stuff, thats really irritating. Listen to people here.....

Yes, you should have stated what you said earlier....

I stated that nobody owns the property so i could keep it a secret. But if everybody must know the lake is next to my cabin on my friends property who allows public access for fishing and has given me permission study and collect.

I'd leave them really. Just don't trade with the guy, maybe he will then leave them too.

clear lake is a polluted toxic dump. The spot I am talking about is a pristine mountain lake that only locals know about. do you want me to tell you the exact location next? Also I do not care to trade with people who do not care to understand anything. I already have people in line that want to trade locally not through the internet.

nope. It is a unnamed lake in extreme northern california almost completly covered by a floating spagnum moss bog. But if you all want to know the location of a bigger but simmilar bog lake in the national forest I can post the location or PM you.

only take a plant or two if its new and not in cultivation that away if the wil population got depleted Somehow we could reintroduce it back into the wild.

nope. It is a unnamed lake in extreme northern california almost completly covered by a floating spagnum moss bog. But if you all want to know the location of a bigger but simmilar bog lake in the national forest I can post the location or PM you.

nah, it's alright. I'm not much of a outdoors person. You wouldn't find me near/in a bog unless i was a homicide victim:oops:

I already have people in line that want to trade locally not through the internet.

Then the purpose of this thread was what?? Take the good advice given here. Nothing good is going to come from this thread since any advice is clearly being dismissed. If you have any questions pm me.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back