What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. something-or-other cuttings for shipping

I got this from Ludwig a while ago, but it's doing that typical highland nonsense to me where it keeps making smaller leaves. I got it for free, so I'm giving it for free. However, there are 4 stipulations:

1) you should have at least 100 posts (sorry...don't like people taking my freebies then disappearing forever shortly after)
2) you have to have paypal
3) you can't have gotten anything free from me before
4) you agree to give it's eventual cuttings away to members of TF

Keep in mind, this plant needs good HL conditions, at least most of the year. It's more than likely maxima x something, I really have no clue.

Anyway here's a pic:
DSCN0100.jpg

I think I've got 2 I can give out. If you get the roots, you'll only have 2 leaves, other wise they should be 3 node cuttings.
PM me

i like your way of thinking :) clever!

breaking my heart : /

But very reasonable conditions. Good luck finding a good home for it.

Ive got a cold windowsill that hits 50F in the summer :D and like 50F at night in the winter :D
PMed

As soon as I opened up this page my daughter pointed out it looked like a heart LOL Bless 2 year olds :p

I kinda wish more people would use some form of stipulations on giveaways... There are far too many going to people that just lerk the trade forum (imho) as phission said above.
Andrew

Very nicely done Ron. I too like your stipulations, as they really help the community. Ludwig didn't know what hybrid it was? He's a great guy, with amazing plants that he is very generous with. I'm glad some of his stuff went to the right hands :). BTW that thorelii x TM is lagging, but still very green and hopefully rooting (I haven't checked so as not to disturb it).

Anyway, props for your generosity.

Daniel

Andrew,
Agreed. I've given a couple cuttings away to people that had maybe 5 posts....never seen them again (some were over a year ago!). Kinda makes me mad. I'm a big proponent of "freely get, freely give". This is a beautiful plant, and though its an unknown, I could've made some money for it...but ethically, that would hurt.

Daniel,
Ludwig had no clue. You can see pictures of the same plant (but MUCH bigger) at http://nepenthes-shop.com/documents/243.html
The plant that it is (I THINK) is the pic thats 2 pics after the pic of the greenhouse (green pitcher, red peristome, facing the right)
When I got it, he just gave it to me as "unknown".
Don't worry about that thorelii x TM...just let it go. As I've said before, I'm in no rush. The eymae hybrid is finally on its way to making a new leaf, but I don't want to disturb it yet. If it isn't growing like gangbusters by the end of next month, I'll dig it up and take a look. I put it in way higher light though so it should be rooted soon.

To everyone else,
If you missed this, and you want one, just wait a little bit and they'll be back (according to stipulations at least). Mine grew from a 1 node cutting to 1.5 feet in about 13 months.

Yeah it is a good idea to make sure nobody just runs with the seeds and never comes back... well good luck finding your plants a nice new home!

Nooo!!:-(
I can not pass the 1st 'stipulation' but very fair and generous terms....

-Josh

(btw good to see you back phission)

Looks like it may have alata as a possible second parent

I theroy on it is if it is an unknown it should stay an unknown. It is getting to be like the orchids where you have some hybrids that look the same, but with different parents. When you go guessing what the parents are you could ruin the family tree for that plant, if the parents were wrong. This especialy comes into play when you start getting complex hybrids or hybrids made with a hybrid.

As far as the stipulations go. I love that idea! I am going to start using a veriation like that. Maybe not 100 posts because I have enjoyed getting a few people started in the hobby and 100 posts can be hard to reach if someone is doing alot of reading to learn how to care for the plant. Yet I do know how yuo feel about lurkers snatching up free plants and not participating in the board.

I also like the one about getting future offerings going to other TF members. Pay it forward and that is what I ask of everyone who I give plants to.

Goodluck finding a home for your plant. :-D

I theroy on it is if it is an unknown it should stay an unknown.

Oh, I agree. I was not trying to make an absolute ID, was just observing that it looked like it may have some alata influence. I may be wrong, I never claimed to be an expert in Neps.

I also thought maxima x alata based on my photo, until I looked at the photo of this plant when more mature (link provided in one of my posts in this thread)

Ah, yes, missed that link. Looking at that pic I agree, does not look likely to be alata in there.

Back