What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
question re: "Tamlin Effect" -- what's the origin of that name/word? Was "Tamlin" someone here on TF? Or does it have to do with that ballad, Tam Lin?

Just wonderin'.... :)

Rob and all others who don't know, William "Tamlin" Dawnstar is a member of TF and an awesome CPer. He's had some issues in the past couple of years so we don't get to see him too much any more, and his collection isn't what it used to be, but his name and spirit are completely present.

Tamlin is a Drosera master. He's responsible for getting some very rare Drosera in cultivation and circulating among growers. He's famous for his generosity in giving away plants in the hope that they would be preserved in cultivation and that the good will (and plants) would be carried on.

As you can see here, and in so many other giveaways on TF, that ideal is still well- alive.

Ok I'm not sure about all the eastern time stuff, but if it's not too late then I would like to ask for a paradoxa (im not really sure which one, but anyone would be fine) and if possible a filiformis

._. i missed it by 18 minutes >:\ damn family nights lol....i wanted the cuptrap xD

1 fang (small)

and

1 seed pack? of
Leucophylla x (wilkerson red x open pollenated)
or
(Wilkerson Red x open pollenated) x (leuco x flava rubri)

the post said before 11:59pm april 1st.....figure i'd try :)

thanks!
~b

Wow Ozzy... you really went all out this year... this looks awfully legit! Invoking the Tamlin effect... you shrewd dog!

Way to make everyone post publicly :D

Happy April 1st everyone!!

1 paradoxa (various clones) Please ! :hail:
xD

Happy april first :)

I would like one of those D. paradoxa (various clones). Thanks Ozzy. Here's hoping that your April Fool's joke is that it's not an April Fool's joke.

Ozzy,

I would like a D. paradoxa 'Drysdale Kimberly' or some other paradoxa clone. I've wanted a paradoxa for a long time. If you are out of these, I would like ((rubra x oreo) x(purp ven x leuco)) x aerolata(leuco x psitt) x leuco or (Wilkerson Red x open pollenated) x (leuco x flava rubri) seed pack second. Thanks and I will adhere to the Tamlin Effect.

V

I'm not in a position to buy any plants so I can't pass on anything like this-even on April 1. Who the heck are some of these people? Names I've never seen have come out from all directions on this one.

Well, if this is legit it'd lift me up a bit to add a new plant to the collection so what the heck. The S Dixie Lace or D filiformis would be enough of a fix for now, although I wouldn't turn my nose up to some seeds if that is all that's left.

Now, in honor of April Fools Day...I'm on my way to get my taxes done. I just pray that my preparer doesn't have a affinity for April Fools Day. I'm not going to be in the mood.

In my opinion people shouldn't be able to reserve plants for other members. There is a specific time slot and as stated, and if you can't be there for time allowed you shouldn't get anything. Isn't that the point of this thread? I'm not trying to be a snooty booty, I have just seen alot of people get mad cause they couldn't get on for an auction or giveaway, and giving a plant to someone who knew they couldn't be there when they are supposed to seems a bit unfair. No offense Capensis :).

Or perhaps there's extenuating circumstances... I for one am not going to second guess anything, but just believe there was a good reason. I think this is a privilege, so I am grateful for whatever I get :)

I would love a...
paradoxa and/or kenneallyi

Will also take D.hilaris seed or any other leftover seed.
Thanks a ton!!

-Josh

paradoxa Drysdale Kimberley (be nice to use it to get seed from my Mt Bomford finally)
S. 'Dixie Lace'

Seed: D.hilaris

The seed order I would be most interested in is:

(Wilkerson Red x open pollenated) x (leuco x flava rubri)
Leucophylla x (wilkerson red x open pollenated)
((rubra x oreo) x(purp ven x leuco)) x aerolata

You know I went to bed last night with a good feeling after seeing how happy I had made some of the other forum members. I woke up this morning to read that people are not only in one breathe saying this is an April fools joke and then in another saying what they want but some are complaining that I saved a plant for an 11 year old boy who wasn't allowed to be be up when I posted the offer. He sent me a message saying that he was going to miss out on this offer. I saw that he wanted a ceph so bad then he had it in his signature. So I told him not to worry I'd make sure he got one. I give away probably over $100 worth of plants and people complain that I saved a 11 year old boy one plant.

You know I first thought to myself that I deserve people doubting me for the things I've done in the past. When I read what people have been saying I almost withdrew my offer and say Happy April Fools day. I still think I deserve doubt, but it's wrong for people that thinks this is a joke to ask for a plant. I totally respect the people that have said this is a joke and then went on their way not asking for anything. It really irks me that some people have to say that this is a joke and then says what plant they want. Either believe that I am the type of person that would get peoples hopes up and then crush them when I say it was a joke or believe that I will give you the plant. You can't have it both ways.

I've come to this conclusion. For now I'm going to ignore all the people that said it was a joke and then ask for plants, but when I go back to ship the plants, if you have a comment about this being a joke, I'm not going to send it to you. After all you never expected to really get it anyway. If you want the plants I would go back and edit that out of your post.

You got me Ozzy. I really thought you had something planned. Then again, the day is young.... :)

I think it's sweet you made an exception.

cool!
thanks Ozzy!

I have no idea if im too late or not..I dont have time to read through all the pages!
but if its not too late, I would like to request one measley D. filiformis,
since oddly that is a variety I have never grown before!

thanks,
Scot

If you still have any Petiolaris Drosera that would be great. If not any then any seeds would be fine and a vft as last option. Thanks hope theres enough for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back