What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings,

My vanilla orchid vine has become too long again and so I'm looking to trade some cuttings for CPs. My CP grow list is short and I will take just about anything. However, I'm particularly interested in the following:

Cold-hardy stuff for my "pot bog" (freezes solid in the winter)

• Aquatic utrics: U. gibba, U. minor, U. inflata, etc.
  • Sarracenia: species or hybrids
  • Drosera: particularly northern D. filiformis, D. linearus, even D. rotundifolia or others

Stuff for my basement terraria (50-70F temp range)

• Heliamphora (species or hybrids) and Cephalotus - (might as well ask!)
  • Drosera: D. prolifera, D. schizandra, D. petiolaris, others

Misc.

• Drosophyllum, Byblis, or unique Drosera seed
  • Interesting terrestrial utrics

What I have to offer: 10+ vanilla orchid cuttings (I think V. planifolia) that are un-rooted, although most have small roots started. These cuttings will be 2-3 nods in length and have at least one leaf. Several of the cuttings have shoot ends and I will reserve these for the more unique trade items. For those that don't, just plant them and wait - they will eventually develop a new growing point.

If you are interested, just send me a PM with what you're looking to trade.

Thanks!
Jeff

for those looking at this trade and being worried about the cuttings being unrooted......Vanilla orchids root EXTREAMLY easy................

Yes they do and they also like HIGH humidity too. They will almost send out exclusive aerial roots that will go into the soil. Do not plant the cutting in soil because it will rot. To make things easy I recommend placing the cutting in a ziplock baggy with damn LFS till the plant roots.

I had one once. For some reason, my leaves would always burn and have rotten spots on them. Do they dislike having water on their leaves, because mine looked as if everywhere a drop of water did not evaporate off of the lamina, it would rot in that little area.

Greetings,

Stuff for my basement terraria (50-70F temp range)

• Heliamphora (species or hybrids) and Cephalotus - (might as well ask!)
  • Drosera: D. prolifera, D. schizandra, D. petiolaris, others
You might want to reconsider your request for D. petiolaris. Your listed temps are quite far from their preferred range...

Clint maybe you were just burning them up with so much light. I have never had that problem before. Maybe it was the time you were watering with your light intensity. they do not have a problem with water spots burning at my place. During the summer I run 50% shade cloth.

Back