What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. californica for educational programs

Houstonherp

Send in the Clones
Greetings all -

As many of you know, I do quite a few educational programs for the public and other groups about CPs. I will be conducting multiple programs next week:

1) for a scout group April 21;
2) I'll be speaking on CPs to the state convention of the Texas Master Gardeners April 25; and
3) I'll be doing a free CP program for the public at Jesse Jones Park April 26!

At present, I have no Darlingtonia californica whatsoever to use for these programs. I had planned on getting a Home Depot/Lowe's 'Cube of Death' for this purpose, but wouldn't you know that they don't have any Darlingtonia right now!

If anyone has one that I can use for these educational programs, this would be greatly appreciated. I will be happy to pay for shipping, and would even be willing to ship it back afterward if necessary (although I would like to maintain one for future programs). E-mail me at houstonherp@aol.com if you are willing to arrange something with me.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

i dont know if there were any offers and i will go ahead and say that i do not have any darlingtonias, but i would be willing to donate money towards the purchase of one for your program. let me know.

~b

Hi Billy -

Thanks for the offer sir! Totally unnecessary, but I appreciate the thought.

I hope to see you out at Jesse Jones Park again sometime in the near future.

Good Growing!

Mike

oh you bet your arse ill be there, itll probably be thursday, its usually a good day for me. should i ring you up or just head over? :)

:)

I can go check out a few of the local Lowes and see if we can find one to send to you. There are like, 6 stores just within 30 mins of me so I am sure I can find at least one for ya :). Sound cool?

Sara

If I remember...I can try to check at Lowes too. Although not a lot of shipping time left.

I remember once I found a fantastic cube with giant Darlings with FLOWER BUDS! I had that one for a while but alas, it sucumbed as they all do. :(

Back