What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murphy's Law, my "red tube" flava, which I had grown from seed to maturity, mysteriously died over winter.

I am looking for a nice division or healthy young plants(s) of S. flava rubricopropora or nice, heavily veined S. flava ornata. I may also be interested in other attractive, upright red hybrids. I may also be interested in the vigorous hybrid S. jonesii "green" x leuco "white". A few items I have available to select from, in return (mix and match to make an evenly valued trade) are listed below. I will send healthy, well-packaged plants, true to description, and very prompt after agreement. I expect the same in return (I HATE receiving what were healthy plants but which dried out or were squashed during shipping!!). Sorry for the tangent, anyway, I have (all the plants listed below were divided many weeks ago and have been growing on their own):

S. minor x rubra- This is an odd hybrid. I can't say it is real attractive but may be useful for future hybridizing. It is very vigorous, but the pitchers are very floppy until late in the season. Nice big division with two growing points, growing in a 4" pot.

S. 'Dixie Lace'. - Plant in 4" pot, actively growing, I think it has two growing points.

S. ('Scarlet Belle' x flava 'Red Tube'), my own cross, the pollen parent was my flava that is no more. It is attractive, intermediate in color and form between the two parents, more upright and open and than 'Scarlet Belle", healthy plant in 3" pot, just put up first pitcher of the year with a second coming. This is a vigorous plant.

S. "Woodnative 1". Not a named cultivar, but a division of my own plant grown from seed and I keep around because I like it a lot. Strong rubra x leucophylla influence. Small red flowers, multiplies freely and produces attractive pitchers all season long. Pitchers have a pink cast, with ruffled hoods and a lot of white. 3" pot with two new pitchers and growing a 3rd.

S. "Woodnative 3", Once again, not a named cultivar, division of my own plant from seed. Nice, very red pitchers with a hint of white/pink in the hood. Vigororous. Looks like a red mitcheliana (leuco x purp) in pitcher shape but it is of mixed, unknown ancestry. Red flowers. Attractive plant.

I am not sure, but MAY have a division of S. 'Flash'. Not sure I want to part with it.
I may also have other non-carnivorous plants, if not interested in the above. I have a nice variegated Aloe saponaria. I have some unusual "Snake Plants" (Sansevieria) If somebody ion this board s into Hosta breeding, I have an excellent division of the streaked Hosta 'Fascination', which will produce variegated seedlings.

S. ('Scarlet Belle' x flava 'Red Tube'), my own cross, the pollen parent was my flava that is no more. It is attractive, intermediate in color and form between the two parents, more upright and open and than 'Scarlet Belle", healthy plant in 3" pot, just put up first pitcher of the year with a second coming. This is a vigorous plant.

:pics: Please! If you have one.

Hmm... I dont have any red tubes, but i do have rubra and leuoco seeds, or if you want more, i have some rehderi. Also, they might not be only rubra and leuoco seeds, they might have been hybrdized.

awgaupp. Thank you for your offer, but I did get a beautiful red tube and a couple other neat plants in trade. I appreciate you offering anyway. Growing Sarrs from seed is very rewarding...each new plant is a little different form the others.

Back