What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unrooted flowering-size Heliamphora "Tequila"...PICS

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I've got three unrooted, flowering sized crowns to trade. I divided my plant today and since January or so, it doubled in size. I had to divide it because the crowns were so tight together, the new pitchers were growing in deformed because they had no room to grow.

These are nice plants, with mature pitchers, but they ARE rootless. Actually I think one of them has one root, but for all intents and purposes they are rootless. If you can't root it, don't ask me to replace it later.

I'm looking for other mature Heliamphora (naturally rootless is fine :p ) , D. capensis "Baines Kloof'- the wide leaved, stem forming form only, and anything else interesting you think I may like.

Sending all three to one person would be great, but I don't have to if I don't get enough interest.

What ya lookin for Clint? I don't have any Heli's to trade though.

Ehh, besides the above nothing in particular. PM me with an offer if you want.

a rare opportunity indeed,

Here is a picture of six of the extra divisions I cut away. Only three are up for grabs. You can see an old flower stalk on one. I *think* the small one in the middle is the one with a root.

Just what is 'Baines Kloof' anyway?

I had a vendor send me a freebie cape that said 'Baines Lake' on the tag and I had never heard of it before...

???

Fryster...Google is your friend. :) You can always use the search feature here at TF, the search feature at the ICPS forums and just plain ol' Google. That should get you lots of info on the correct nomenclature for 'Baines Kloof" or Lake.

It's a D. capensis from Baines Kloof. The particular form I'm after has wide leaves and forms stems. It looks like, and may be for all we know, a hybrid between D. capensis and D. ramentacea, which is actually thought by some to be a hybrid between D. glabripes and D. hilaris.

It's a beautiful plant. Not your mother's D. capensis!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/Dani666_photos_2007/P1010321capensisBK.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03350ie8.jpg

I saw pics once, I forgot where, of a huge pot of with many of them. Very, very long stems. Imagine a bush of D. capensis vines. Stunning.

I'll be out of town for the next five days. PM me, but don't think I'm not interested if I don't reply. Just means I haven't read it.

stunning pics JLAP.... I've been looking for this too, but can't find it anywhere. If anyone here has one that they're getting rid of/trading/whatever, count me in, but obviously JLAP gets first priority because this is his thread.

That's why asked here, 'Baines Lake' bring up nothing of relevance in Google.

My cape's tag sez 'Baines Lake' and not 'Baines Kloof', so that's what I did a search on.

Fryster, have you got pics?

:pics:

Kloof = gorge or deep valley in Afrikaans. Maybe the Baines Lake on your tag is a lake inside or near Baines Kloof? I'm just going on what a Google search on "kloof" brought up...

I can take some pics of it, but it looks like any other cape to me.

It might be mis-identified from the seller. It looks like a typical cape. ???

Wow! STILL have all three! I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest.

i want the heli~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I PM'ed you about 30 minutes ago.

I wish I had something of interest to you ;).

Two left.

Back