What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lobster Roaches

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I will trade a breeding colony of lobster roaches, aprox. 20 roaches.

I would like to get a breading pair of Tokay geckos. I'm willing to deal to make up the any differences.

If no Tokays are available, I'll take almost anything.

Sorry Ozzy, No deals.

Just wanted to say I wanted to breed Lobster Roaches for my Leopard Geckos. The word roaches left me mouth and the wife said no. I should have said lobster beetles. Then maybe I could have gotten away with it. :-))

code for roaches are pomegranite flower beetles

when u get a colony tell your love ones and friends who ask what those things are that look like roaches that your feeding to your herps

LMAO!!! What the heck was that?! it was so random! really funny though, haha!

Steve, I know it probably won't make a difference but lobster roaches are way cleaner than crickets, they have no smell at all. They don't make any noise. They are way less easier to keep and breed than crickets. They are better for your reptiles than crickets.

Let's pretend that you leave the top off their tank and they all escape. They will not infest your house they way german or other pest roaches do. They are very tropical and need really high heat. They would all die off if they were living in your house.

Once you go lobster roaches, you'll never go back to crickets.

Steve, just keep at your wife. I finally broke mine to the idea. LOL. She still hates that they are in the house but as Ozzy said, they do not smell and they are real easy to take care of. None of the die off of crix either. Plus, our waxies LOVE them. They practically maul each other when they see me coming with the forceps and deli cup. LOL

I went with B. latteralis. Needed something smaller than the lobsters. Plus, I was not big on a climber...

Ozzy, can't help you on the Tokay front. Try a local reptile expo though, sure you can find some there for dirt cheap. Might try dropping The Griffin a line too, he knows some weird freak woman who has tamed Tokays that she adopts out...

It's easy to get your wife to agree to the roaches if you use the method I used. I ordered them and when they arrived I opened them and said look. She said what's that and I said roaches.

No need to tell you what happened for the next few days, but now I have plenty of roaches.
:banana2:

lol.

you probably miss her huh?

Pyro....you forgot to mention you broke them to your wife the same way i did mine....she didnt find out till they were in the house :grin: much easier to ask forgiveness than permission :grin:

i agree....my roaches dont produce 1/100th the smell of a cricket colony.....they have an odor but i cant really place it....far from a bad one though....and you only smell it when yah open their rubbermaid and are messing around in there......once the lid is closed you cant smell them....

Steve, just keep at your wife. I finally broke mine to the idea. LOL. She still hates that they are in the house but as Ozzy said, they do not smell and they are real easy to take care of. None of the die off of crix either. Plus, our waxies LOVE them. They practically maul each other when they see me coming with the forceps and deli cup. LOL

I went with B. latteralis. Needed something smaller than the lobsters. Plus, I was not big on a climber...

Ozzy, can't help you on the Tokay front. Try a local reptile expo though, sure you can find some there for dirt cheap. Might try dropping The Griffin a line too, he knows some weird freak woman who has tamed Tokays that she adopts out...

LOL some weird freak woman....

thats all I have to say.

I thought of them once for my leos. I just do a colony of mealworms.

A lot less space, not too much maintenence, and they don't come with the name roach so the wife doesnt mind them.

Back