What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa Cuttings (a bunch)

I don't think that large mass o' roots is needed.

Yeah, I was merely suggesting that there was no rhyme or reason to the size of the roots coming from a cutting compared to foliage growth; at least in my limited experience.

xvart.

I didnt figure anyone could have the end all be all answer haha maybe I just wanted to alleviate my anticipation for the strike hopefully

This still on hold? I think my ventricosa is on a decline and may need to replace it. Was wondering if you have things sorted out.

Thanks

I'll have to take a closer look at it, but for now the offer is done pending a couple of outstanding requests. There MAY be another cutting or two left, but I can't promise.

I do have a cutting listed in the auction....

I chopped my cutting up when I got it from ilbasso; two of which I stuck in water. One of those two I just stuck in the water, and the other one I cut up the stalk two times, and then stuck it in the water.

Roots are only (at least noticeably) growing on one, but I've got activated nodes on each cutting. Both nodes have activated on both of these cuttings.

How are everyone else's doing?

Nventricosacutting-62408.jpg

xvart.

I too have activated nodes on mine! I have been using the water in a glass method as well! I would post pics, but well it looks just like xvart's and I don't have my camera with me right now.

No nodes yet, but it's also not dead lol. I think i might see the beginning of some roots though.

Is this a male or a female plant. Is it known?? If it is a male, then JC you and I need to talk :p

I checked today and I have about four activated nodes but I expect more, man this will be a multi headed nepenthes.

Great news! Thanks for the updates. I haven't really paid any attention to the plant since the hack job.

I'm going to assume it is a male. It is just some TC plant purchased from a retail outfit.

One of the cuttings I took a couple of months ago has a pitcher thinking about opening while other cuttings in the same environment died. I'm very pleased to hear of your successes.

Thanks for giving them a good home!

Any chance if you know if the pitchers were creamy yellow or red?

Not sure. How creamy yellow is creamy yellow? It looks rather red to me, but it also looks like the top of this particular pitcher may be a bit funky. We'll have to wait and see.

Back