What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for N. Talangensis

elsantaclause

A windowsill grower
Hi does anyone have a N. Talangensis they would like to trade me? I like how the pitchers look and its very pretty. I would love to add one to my collection:-D

I don't have one for trade, sorry. But I do have some advice:
I'm not sure where you ussually grow your Nepenthes but I can speak for myself and at least two other growers when I say that Talangensis is a finicky plant. It seems to almost enjoy its own suffering and ussually goes into decline on windowsills. Mine did.
If you're one of those lucky people who grow Nepenthes outdoors like the Nepenthes around the house guy, then maybe you'll have a better shot. But I guess I'll just warn you that this one doesn't really grow like sanguinea or judith finn. You'll steady highland conditions. At least thats my experience.
Just making sure you know. If you think that you have better windowsill conditions than I do (which is like 65% humidity during the day, 30-40% at night, 80 degrees during day and 65 at night, with flourecents), then give it a shot! You probably have better night time humidity than I do.
If you have a terrarium than mabye you'll have better luck...I don't know but I thought you were a windowsill grower from your other posts. I'll probably post this and then it will turn out that you have a greenhouse or something lol.

Lol yea I do grow on a windowsill but I live on a pretty high hill almost like a mountain. So highland plants are easy for me to grow =)

Lol yea I do grow on a windowsill but I live on a pretty high hill almost like a mountain. So highland plants are easy for me to grow =)
Alright then! And may I add that I envy you! Good luck on your quest.

Thanks! Once I get more plants I can maybe build a separate highland collection outside. Because the outside conditions are perfect for them =)

i think highland doese not refer to high desert...totally different climates

I don't live in a desert?

talangensis for me was one of 2 hard plants to grow. that and muluensis x lowii but thats a different story. i grew talangensis in my terrarium. in a terrarium where plants like lowii, aristo, tentaculata, and heliamphora grow... and pitcher!! that darned plant wouldnt put on any growth or make any pitchers for almost 10 months. its such a finiky plant for lots of people. i still dont know what the heck was wrong with it. humidity was 70-85% all the time. and temps got up to 85 during the day and 60 at night. like i said. i have harder neps than that that grow WAY better.

Alex

If you like the looks of Talangensis, I would try a x. Lady Pauline. It is a hybrid between N. Maxima and N. Talangensis, and maintains a lot of characteristics of Talangensis, and is really really easy to grow, seemingly much more forgiving then a pure Talangensis. Just a suggestion.

Talangensis is a wicked plant that when grown correctly can look fantastic (Just look at Av8tor1's plant .... fabulous). Mine keeps growing....just grows leaves....finally made a pitcher under the moss when I repotted it. :( Anyways....its a plant which hates root disturbance and has a very small tolerance zone.

Back