What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trading post.

hello everybody. im new here to this trading post so i just want to make sure Im not breaking any rules. I want to trade something away so I can get my mom some seeds for this newfound hobby of hers. she kind of took my little greenhouse when I moved out to go to school and now has the same disire to find new plants. only she doesent know where to find them. She told me she looked at the depot of homes. can I write that? or is that not allowed. well I hope so. if not I dont think the depot of homes is a real place anyway. so I have a digitial camra. 3.2 megapixles. works great. Im willing to part with this to get my mom some more plants. I also have mike tysons punch out. which I dont know how much I want to part with that . its kind of like the comic book of my childhood. I have this tootally 80s trivial persuit that my old girlfriend left behind and its just making me think of her every time I look at it. you would be doing me a favor trading me for that item. let me look around for something that somebody might actually want. I have six bucks that are in my dirty laundry. I have a big blue dodge van if you want some help moving your place of residence in los angeles and need some help. I also have this nifty stop watch that says dakota on it and has a keychain clip on it. other than that I have a bunch of stuff that nobody would really want i dont think. well thanks for reading this far down here in my message. If my message is not the conventional trading style then let me know and ill trade somthing more carniverous.?
;/

Hey there. First I'd like to welcome you to the forums. This place is full of all kinds of knowledge.

I don't see anything wrong with what you have posted :).

Do you have any idea what kinds of carnivores you are looking for? I might be able to help you out if you can narrow it down a bit for me.

Crystal

welcome to TF.

the only problem in your post would be the 6 coincidental dollars in your laundry... but
you know you could take that 6 dollars to www.flytrapshop.com and get something awesome for your madre...

other than that nothing wrong with what you've put up here as crystal said.... but you do get props on some of the more random things up for trade I've ever seen...

good luck hope you stick around,
show your mom this forum too its a great reference, that and we have the NASC auction going on right now and its a great oppertunity to get really awesome plants.

if your moms new to the hobby she may not want to grow from seed it takes a really long time for most cp's to mature from seed. its hard to keep a new enthusiast amped on something that may not be "cool" for 3-5 years!

anyways...
Good Luck
-Chris

Last edited:
Did you say you have a digital camera that you would be willing to trade for plants? I'd be thrilled to trade a good 20 or so young plants for the camera!

Welcome to TF!

Hi Digitaljunkie,

Sounds like you're in Los Angeles - the Los Angeles Carnivorous Plant Society is having its bi-monthly meeting this Saturday. It's at the Huntington and we get a private tour of some incredible CPs. If you follow the directions on the website you can get in for free.

The URL is http://www.geocities.com/lacps/

You can get some killer deals there - I'll probably bring a few freebies but I can't promise anything.

Laura

I heavily recommend you go there if I could i'd fly from Oregon to LAX go to the meeting then fly back all in one day.

Back