What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh oh.

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I just did this to give away free seeds. The first ppost gets 5 rehderi Sarracenia seeds, and the second rubra. I will need a PM with a mailing adress, it may be work, or wherever youd like. The germination rate is unknown. Also, No refrigeration Required! They were in the fridge for a few months. Sorry, only US and Canada, due to shipping rates. Also, the first post can get 3 rehderi and 3 leocophyllia, if they prefer.

um... first? I think I read the rules right; I'm sending a PM now.

Congrats! Now for the second person... Also, which mixture would you like?

I included it in the PM but I'll let you know here too; leuco + rehderi would be my choice :)

Thanks for your offer!

:)

I'll take some seeds, Thanks!

-Sara

Can I call second?
**Nvm. Sara you speedy little devil ;)***

Great offer Thanks!
Sending Pm now

Awwwgaupp.
the reason I am posting this to the forum instead of a PM
I read your profile. and see that you are a real young newby
I thought i needed to clear up a little misconception that I saw in your post.
Seeds in their dry for are stored in the refrig jest to keep them in a stable non deteriorating, no germinating state.
To stratfiy seeds the must be kept moist for at least 4 weeks.

Jest a little bit of grann E advice to some like my grandson
Have a gr8 growing experience both with plants and UP LOL
Lois

yeah, I just sowed my seeds and they are doing fine. there's even a bubble around one of them, its weird.

yeah, I just sowed my seeds and they are doing fine. there's even a bubble around one of them, its weird.

So for clarification... Are the seeds you are offering to trade being stratified in your fridge? Or are they being stored in your fridge?

xvart.

They were stored in the fridge, but they dont need saturatioon, at least for my house.

They were stored in the fridge, but they dont need saturatioon, at least for my house.

Huh? Why don't they need stratification? What qualities of your house negate the need for it? I'm confused...

And by doing fine you mean they are sprouting and growing? Or they are just seeds still and haven't vanished?

xvart.

Last edited:
awguapp,
What xvart and flytraplady are saying is that you need to store the seeds in a cold and moist (not just cold) environment in order to stratify the seeds. You can't just put them in the fridge for a month and call them stratified. They need to be put in a baggie with moist paper towel or sphagnum moss and then put in the fridge for a month to be properly stratified. Without proper stratification germination rates will be extremely low. Try reading up on stratification here http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedbank/species/Sarracenia.htm

Well, the bag was humid for who knows how long? So its actually fine, but just to be safe I am putting it in for a few weeks.

How ARE the seeds doing?

Back