What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading Prickly pear pads, groundcover sedums, etc

Hey,
I have a bunch of stuff that I wondered if anyone would want to trade for. I have several pads of my eastern prickly pear cactus (hardy to at least zone 5 w/o winter protection) that are eagerly spreading right into the walkway to attack passersby that I am planning on removing so those up are up for trading.

I also have a bunch of “Pseudo Goldmoss Sedum” (pseudo because that is what the tag called it but I looked it up online and there is no way that is the correct id for it) and another sedum I call Donkey’s tail (but once again this is not the real name for it. I swear the nurserys around here can’t properly ID a sedum for their lives). These I have a lot of and pretty much can just pull out giant rooted clumps and stuff a flat rate postage box FULL. I mean full-full, as in layers.

I also have some large hen and chicks as well as some other miss-id’ed sedums labeled as “baby's-toes” and “sedum acre” (all not the correct ids) and some “angelica”, “dragon’s blood”, Pinky-white things” and “no-clue-blue-clumpy-cute-stuff” which these sedums I could include as cuttings (they take sooooo easy, just stick end in dirt and water occasional and bingo, rooted).

If anyone would like to trade for a flat rate postage box of ground cover sedums (plus a few hens and chicks) or trade for a few unrooted eastern prickly pear pads just let me know. I also have some more waterliliy divisions to trade for if anyone else is interested (and non-variegated swedish ivy cuttings)

A side note, if people want to trade for a bunch of different herbs with the same deal of me sending a flat-rate box full of goodies just PM and I can tell you what all I have in greater detail. I think I have rambled on enough in this space but a quick list is that I have various mints, thymes, oregano, lemon balm, horehound, germander, etc so if you want to start a nice collection of herbs I can set you up. What would be really fun is if anyone wanted to trade flat-rate boxes of a wide variety of things.

I am looking for nothing in particular, although I would like a nice N. ventricosa that has nice large frilly peristomes but other than that one thing I can’t name an exact species off the top of my head that I would especially like. I am open to just about any carnivorous plants/materials that would be considered a fair trade. Neps, sars, pings, drosera… c’mon they all are nice to me and unless I already have it (not likely, I don’t have much) I would be open to just about anything carnivorous. Although actually if anyone has a miniature goatsbeard plant or “cupflower” that is on my "normal plant" request list so I figured I would throw that out there too.

Well any interested parties just PM with any offers, I have pics listed below of what my identity confused stock looks like so if anyone can offer a positive ID for these feel free to PM about that too even if you don’t necessarily want to trade (but I would looove to trade  ) Thanks,
~Evin

DSC00352-1.jpg

Prickly pear

DSC00353-1.jpg

prickly pear pad

DSC00498.jpg

hens and chicks in pot

DSC00507.jpg

blue bushy sedum

DSC00367-1.jpg

"donkey tail (not)"

DSC00359-1.jpg

"donkey tail (not really) "

DSC00366-1.jpg

"anglica"

DSC00368-1.jpg

"goldmoss?"

DSC00361-1.jpg

"sedum acre?"

DSC00364-1.jpg

"Sedum acre?"

DSC00356-1.jpg

"baby's toes"

Those plants look interesting, but No room for them right now.

i might be interested in the prickly pear, sedum acre and angelica.....got to send yah $ for the NASC auction i won may see if i have some interesting stuff i can just send with it and cover a trade too.....

Back