What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kath

Katherine
I'm looking for Nepenthes seeds. Practically any seeds will do.

The only species I won't accept are the ones I already have:
Ventricosa red
Ampullaria 'red moon' (red with green persitome)
Reinwardtiana 'green'
Maxima Mt Gawalise (sulawesi form)

I'll accept any others, including other colour forms and variants of the species listed above, just not exactly the same.

Particularly looking for seed with location data, variant, form data etc., but any will do, even hybrids.

I'm mostly looking for spare seeds, but if its possible for me to send seeds to wherever the other person lives, I have several varieties of nepenthes seeds myself. I'm sort of doing a 'trade-off' and depending on what I've just received from other sources, and how much of each I have, I can trade certain species of Nepenthes.

Right now, I have N. Maxima Mt Gawalise, and N. Reinwardtiana seeds. They are less than 1 month old, but I can't gurantee they'll be just as good after another post trip halfway round the world! I do have fresh N. Ampullaria 'red moon' seeds arriving soon though. As it is, they are 5 days old. They should arrive in the next couple of days, and resending will only take up to a week, so they should still be under 2 weeks old.
Private Messaging (PM) preferable.

Please Note: I live in NZ. I have had many other growers send me seed from other countries, via normal envelope post, with no worries. The seed must be clearly labelled with the latin genus, carefully packaged so it doesn't get crushed, and free of floral parts. That is all. If you have serious problems with this then don't reply or PM.

Thankyou.

And what are you offering in return?

Sorry philcula! I should have put that in the first post! I've edited it.
I'm mostly looking for spare seeds, but if someone wants to trade for some seeds I have listed below, I should be able to arrange it. Generally I should be able to trade 20+ seeds of each species, so in return I expect 20+ seeds of the species I'm trading for, unless its a rare species and there are limited numbers of seeds, or I'm trading for multiple species etc.

Edit: I checked, no trouble sending seeds. Postage is 2.00$NZ, but I will pay for sending my seeds, if the other person will pay for sending theirs. Obviously, not all species I have for trade will be available for trade forever. I may not have time to send some particular species off before their viability date, and have limited numbers of each, so if you want to trade for particular ones I've got, get in quick!

I have the following species for trade for any other species which I do not have. I have these species NOW, so I will only be able to offer them for this week. I'm sowing tomorrow, but will set aside enough seeds of each for two trades of 20+ seeds. If no one comes up with a trade this week, I will sow the rest of them next weekend:
N. Reinwardtiana green
N. Maxima Mt Gawalise, Central Sulawesi

Will have for trade soon (these seeds are actually in the airmail to my place as we speak- I'll put them on my 'trading now' list once I receive them, but if you have a plant with seeds which will be ready in the next few weeks, I can arrange a trade.)

N. Ampullaria 'red moon' (red with green peristome)
N. Ampullaria 'spotted'
N. Ventricosa
N. Ventricosa x (Ventricosa x (Maxima x Veitchii)

I'll add more to the 'trading now' and trading soon' list as I receive more Nepenthes seeds.

Back