What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ordensis seeds for SASE

The offer is now officially over. Everyone who sent me a PM will receive a response. Hopefully, I'll get to respond to everyone by tomorrow night.

Homer

I got my seeds yesterday can i use LFS instead of perlite in the potting mix?? I have peatmoss.
Thx very much

OK, i still need to sase. Be patient with me, we dont get to a mailbox very often

I got my seeds yesterday can i use LFS instead of perlite in the potting mix??

I never tried using LFS in place of perlite for these plants. My guess is a LFS/peatmoss mix would be unsuitable in the long term. Rinsed sand would be better than LFS.

Homer

i put mine in a biger pot in wich i have 3 surfaces: one with lfs, one peat/perlite and one with only peat.......just for fun and curousity
I realy appreciate what you did and hope i'm going to retur the favor on day! Thank you!

Hey there Homer, the seeds arrived ? yesterday. we didn't get the mail unittil today. thanx so much for the seeds.
LMO

Homer,
Thanks a bunch for the seeds.I have them setup like you described how to in the printout you sent with them.Thanks again.
Mark W.

Thanks again. Loved the cardboard protection designed for the seed pack and the added info sheet. And especially thanks for the seeds.

I got my seeds as well. Thanks again for them and all the info. The way they were packaged was very helpful too :)

Thanks for the seeds. Love the packaging and the care sheet. :D

No germination yet, but I suspect it will be another couple weeks before the reports trickle in.

Loved the cardboard protection designed for the seed pack and the added info sheet.

Good, I'm glad to hear some good feedback on the cardboard protection. A few years ago I read that the post office uses "rollers" that can crush any seeds that are in an envelope. I was hoping the cardboard, and easy to remove painters tape would protect the seeds :)

I think I had to wait at least 2 weeks before noticing germination.

Thank you all for your comments and feedback.

Homer

Good, I'm glad to hear some good feedback on the cardboard protection. A few years ago I read that the post office uses "rollers" that can crush any seeds that are in an envelope.

Great idea!!! I got some Sarr seeds a few months back and 90% of them were crushed flat... that explains a lot. I'm going to start doing that when I ship seeds from now on.

Neal

FYI -

On the first ounce of first class postage you can add an additional 20 cent surcharge for "no machine" processing. Mark the envelope "Hand Cancel - No Machine" in two places + the extra 20 cents postage.

The Post Office has this surcharge for fat or odd shaped letters (perhaps containing a promotional item like a pen) that cannot be put through the rollers.

Bubblewrap wrapped around the seed packet(s) works well too and will fit through the machine without extra postage. I use bubblewrap every time I ship seeds now. So far, so good.

Has anybody had their seeds germinate yet?
Mark W.

Nothing yet.

Bubblewrap wrapped around the seed packet(s) works well too and will fit through the machine without extra postage. I use bubblewrap every time I ship seeds now. So far, so good.

As long as the package is =< 1/4 inch thick there is no surcharge. > 1/4 inch and the USPS will ding you.

Hmm, I haven't been dinged yet. I've been very lucky to be right at or under the 1/4" mark as I've never paid it much attention. Good to know, thanks!

Crystal

Back