What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ordensis seeds for SASE

I have many, many germinations. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon. :)

Congrats! How are you growing them? I provided plenty of warmth and humidity and still nothing :(.

Crystal,

I have them in a 10 gallon terrarium with a cover that is open on one long side, about one inch. Three 26 watt CFL daylight-spectrum bulbs are screwed into fixtures set into the cover of the terrarium. On three sides, I have white paper as a reflective surface. Humidity and heat stay pretty high, however I don't have specific measurements. The D. ordensis germinated about 1 inch away from one of the bulbs, and they are sitting in a tray of water. It took them exactly two weeks from the date of sowing them to germination.

I hope this might help you and everyone else to get some germinations.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. I have some seeds left and may try again.

Crystal

I'll work on getting some pics up tonight; just so you can get a real good idea of my setup.

Thanks Jimmy. I have some seeds left and may try again.

Crystal,
Don't toss the seeds you planted. I've had seeds in this complex germinate after 3-6 months - and some may have sprouted later if I had patience. When others have success with the exact same seeds, that lets you know that your seeds are likely ready to germinate - they may just need different conditions (or just some patience).

In general, petios like heat & humidity - remember where they call home....

Mine are in a pot and until this week, covered, in this setup. Temps are ~90 F. In short, they have light, heat, and humidity. They also haven't germinated... but the dried LFS I topdressed the pot with is green / alive.

of505904422.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Thanks RL7836. I'll hold on to them for awhile longer. I had some Nepenthes seeds germinate after three months so I can give these more time. I might go ahead and resow some in a peat and perlite mix. My current ones are in peat and sand with a top dressing of sand. They may not like the sand.

Crystal

Just did a quick check and no germination yet. It did take me a week to sow the seeds though because I was too busy to do them the same day they got here. I will update when they do something. :D

I took awhile to sow my seeds as well; they were sown on PhissionKorps's lowland Nepenthes mix (and seed mix?) : 5 parts peat, 2 parts perlite, and 2 parts vermiculite.

are there any seeds left?

Back