What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** Closed ***
Many thanks to all who participated (Final Results)
=======================

After many requests to sell some of my plants, I've decided to offer some spares with all proceeds* to be donated to the ICPS. (This is being done with special permission from Andrew - so please do not assume that sales are now ok on Terra).

*** Please read instructions at bottom before placing an order. ***
=================================
Adult Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' (1 available)
- This plant has been growing on an east-facing window in my office since last winter. I was not considering even offering it, but if someone wants it at this price, I will let it go. It is currently growing in a 3.5" dia x 6.5" tall styrofoam cup. To date, all pitchers have shown the very wide 'mid-rib' normally associated with the HG clone. Similar plants have sold on eBay for $200 to over $500. (plant will be shipped potted)
--- $150 + shipping ((sold))

Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' (1 available)
- small plant with one adult (non-pubescent) pitcher (plant will be shipped potted), currently growing in a 2.5" plastic pot.
--- $100 + shipping

Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' (6 available)
- small plants with pubescent pitchers (plants will be shipped potted)
--- $50 + shipping
From left - Ceph #1-#6 (#1, 2, 3, 4, 5 sold)

(** all pics clickable for a larger image **)
Sundew special - sold as a group only **Gone**
This is the contents of a pot growing outside in which I have placed several different plants over the last 2 years (plants will be shipped w/ roots wrapped in moist paper towels):
- D. dichotoma 'Giant' - (1 large plant)
- D. binata - small red clone. I received the original as a volunteer in a trade a few years ago. There are now more than 10 plants.
- D. regia - small plant ~approx 1.5" leaves
- D. capensis - 2 small plants
--- $20 + shipping
D. prolifera
- small to medium to adult size plants - some w/ blooms. Some are potted in very small cups, some are rooted in LFS. (>20 available)
---$5 + shipping
D. schizandra (rarely available) **very limited &/or possibly sold out**
- small to medium size plants. Most are ~1" to 1.5" diameter. 2 are potted in small cups, rest are rooted in LFS. (~8 available)
---$15 + shipping
D. x hybrida (D. filiformis x D. intermedia) ** all gone **
- small plants potted in small cups (6 available)
---$5 + shipping

This pic shows these guys at their worst since we had a downpour last night but I wanted to include it to show their size...
VFT 'B52' ** Gone **
- medium size plant (~3") (1 available)
---$15 + shipping

Spider plant offshoot (solid green, non-variegated variety)
--- free upon request (w/ existing plant order)
- pics are clickable thumbnails
- For items in short supply, I will adhere to 'first come, first served'.
- I hope the prices are close to reasonable - I have attempted to place fair market values on each offering - not 'fire sale' prices since all proceeds are going to charity.
- I will update this post periodically to reflect current inventories.
- All sales will be via Paypal.
- There will only be one shipping charge per order ($6). If seeds are ordered (see other post), they will be included with plant order without additional shipping cost.
- If you would like to make a purchase, send an email to <email deleted> with your desired plants (& seeds). I will confirm availability and total cost and provide you the email address to utilize for Paypal payment.
- * every penny not spent on shipping will be donated to ICPS. So, even though I may charge $6 for shipping, if actual costs are $4.80, the differential will be donated.
- USA only

Hmm. I'll think about it, if there's anything left by the time I have my money saved up. I just bought a 70-dollar pair of boots and a 23-dollar DVD. >.>

Yeah you need paypall on the rules list RL7836 has sales will be via Paypal.

Emailed. :D

Twice, just added another plant I would like. :D

Updated inventories & added several pics to original post.

I want to thank everyone who has responded to the sale. It has greatly exceeded my expectations (and sadly - my ability to reply in a timely manner - sorry). I believe that I have responded to everyone at this point. If you have not heard from me, please email me again or post your question in the forums.

I'd like to ask that anyone who has an interest or plans to make an order - to do so soon (ideally by late Thursday night). I've updated inventories in the posts so they should be quite accurate. This will allow me to ship all orders by Saturday morning for Mon / Tues receipt.

Beyond the benefits to ICPS conservation initiatives, this has once again allowed me to see quite clearly that 1) mail-order retailing would not be a good career choice for me :-)) and 2) the various seed bank managers (ie: John Brittnacher, Sheila Little, etc) should be placed on a pedestal & worshiped for their work .... :hail:

Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' i would like to get #2..paypal??

Back