What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata highland

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hey Guys and Gals!

Im looking for a nice highland N. truncata for my porch. Gonna try it outside with a few others. Of course a good colored clone would be great, but any plant will do. Check my growlist for trades. Got some stuff from BE if youre interested that's...not on my growlist. ;)

Thanks!
Frankie

Good for you! I wish I could help, but my H/L truncata are both lil' babies at the moment, just starting to take off. I think it's important to work on outdoor/household cultivation for Neps, though, to bring them to more people. Have you read Neps Around the House?
~Joe

Joe i live NATH haha! I could not agree with you more. getting beasts like truncata to grow on an average persons porch would spread the cultivation and (hopefully) awareness of neps everywhere! especially in favorable such climate such as SoCal!

Anyway, if your babies ever make you mad... :)

Still looking guys! :D

I'm not entirely sure that a Neph would survive an entire California winter however mild. There are times when we do get frosts and all it takes is a couple of frost days to kill your neph.

Then there's the Santa Anas if you live in SoCal. One spell of those and it could turn your plant to dust in a matter of days.

Having said that though, it's totally speculative on my part if such a thing has been tried. Anyone in Cali growing Nephs outdoors and leaving them out there for the entire duration of the year?

Thank you guys for the pointers but please realize i understand what neps require, and im aware of the occasisonal frosts and Santa Anas, which is why i would like to experiment. If it gets hurt it'll go straight into the GH, so dont worry, your not sening your plant to die.

Where's the grow list?

got it all working again! :)

Back