What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pygmy drosera gemmae for trade

i have the following gemmae for trade:
Drosera scorpioides"white flower"
Drosera pygmaea-Tasmania form
very few Drosera microscapa.
open to mose trades
thanks

I'm interested in the microscapa as well. Should have some D. helodes in about a week's time.

i already have d. helodes

Hmm... Okay

I also notice in your growlist that you have a Nepenthes bicalcarata that's in bad shape but are willing to trade. I think I can provide it a nice home. I have N. gracilis that I can trade, but chances are, you'd find yourself in the same situation that you have now since it likes lowland conditions.

Alternatively, I see that you have only a few Sarracenia. I have a small division of flava var rugelli x oreophila that puts out huge pitchers and is a really fast grower that I'd be willing to trade for your ailing bical. Let me know if interested. They look like this:

bog05-6-3-2008.jpg

iam looking for lowlying sarrs because we get 30mph wind pretty often and it rips tall sarrs apart ill also take lowlying sarr seeds.

Brokken, I really like how you staked your sarrs. Is that something you purchased at a craft store, I haven't seen it before. Very natural and unobtrusive.

aaddaam,

Do you have pictures of the bicalcarata?

I DO have a few too many sarras that I rescued from Orchard Supply. They appear to be some kind of colorful SxFormosa type hybrid (minor x psittacina). The plant does not grow taller than 4 or so inches and is very bushy, so it should be able to withstand heavy gusts.

unknownsarra.jpg

JFoley:

PM'd regarding the supports.

i do not have pics of the nep but i can get you some.

hey brokken about how hardy are those sarrs? i live in a zone 5 where it gets about -10 here at the max

Aaddaam,

I live in California, so these sarracenias live outside year-round. In zone 5 they will NOT survive without some kind of protection. Sarracenias require a winter rest-period but unless we're talking S. purpurea you would do best by taking this sarracenia indoors, leaving it in a cold place - like a garage or some other unheated room and then taking back out in spring when it's likely that you won't see any more hard frosts. Neither psittacina nor minor (parents) are known for their great winter hardiness.

Back