What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying It Forward

Since people have been so nice to me on the board through trades or giveaways (you know who you are), I'm paying it forward by giving away some plants.

For the first two newbies looking for some beginner plants. 18 years or younger. US only.

Each newbie will get 1 pot each of:
drosera capensis (red form)
drosera aliciae
drosera madagascariensis
drosera tokaiesis
drosera filiformus (red) (unpotted)

each pot has multiple plants.

The plants are free, I only need to be reimbursed for postage.
No pms. First two who respond.

Thanks, JoAnn

ooh me me me! I started cps like a month ago! Thanks for helping out people who are begginers thats very nice of you, especially since the holiday season is coming up!

Kamil

im 12. i started 9/13 on my birthday when i oredred a venus flytrap. unless other people want it, they can have it. just put me as last if no one else takes it. I don't want to be demanding because im doing a trade already and i want others to have a chance. If noone takes it, im always here.! :]

Ok guys, pm your addresses out and I'll get you your packages.

Enjoy the plants, JoAnn

:hail:

What a great idea -- all my spare plants are asleep right now -- under about a foot of mulch, but in the spring I will be following your lead

lol, i've been here for about a year, and kamiljablo probably has more plant than me now. not saying that i want the plant, or that i'm jealous, more like congratulating him.

I do, thanks upper! Dont worry as soon as they multiply i will offer them to the public, not just to newbies to everyone so others can expand thier collection, like i did with the raspberry cuttings, speaking of which many are still available!

Kamil

What a great idea -- all my spare plants are asleep right now -- under about a foot of mulch, but in the spring I will be following your lead

I'm with you Nikki! I'm going to have to massively split my in-ground bog sars. Their rhizomes are like basket balls....

Ahh! My hands are covered in dew!!! I got the plants today!I have some questions: How do i pot the drosera filiformus and is it dormant? Also, are the other plants u sent me dormant?

Thanks,
Kamil

PS: Will send postage soon!

I'm with you Nikki! I'm going to have to massively split my in-ground bog sars. Their rhizomes are like basket balls....

Hi Schloaty

I have a few sarrs that I have to break up -- though none quite as big as a basketball, but big enough the split into a few plants . I do have tons of D. Filliformis and Rotundifolia that I can spare.

If one of those basketball sized rhizomes just happens to be that S. X Moreii that you had at the NECPS show I would love to try to work out a trade of some sort. That is an amazing plant and I have been lusting after it since I saw it.

For the first two newbies looking for some beginner plants. 18 years or younger. US only.

Am I still considered a newbie? I still consider myself as being 18!

I have one of those. He just turned 50 and he still blasts his music in the car, doesn't pick up after himself and takes his son to see the Who in concert.

We have to go chronologically, you guys never grow up.

:) JoAnn

If one of those basketball sized rhizomes just happens to be that S. X Moreii that you had at the NECPS show I would love to try to work out a trade of some sort. That is an amazing plant and I have been lusting after it since I saw it.

I saw that plant there, it was very memorable.

Good Growing.

I have one of those. He just turned 50 and he still blasts his music in the car, doesn't pick up after himself and takes his son to see the Who in concert.

We have to go chronologically, you guys never grow up.

:) JoAnn

Except for that part about not picking up after himself..... "meet the new boss... same as the old boss... we don't get fooled again". :-))

received plants today! thanks.
got any tips for growing them? haha thanks.
very sandy, but a marvel to look at. The capensis was sticky when i was repotting the different clumps.
Thanks for the extra ping cuttings, but got any suggestions is what i really need.
thanks for having this great offer for beginners, and most of all, thanks.

Hi Halt,
I just nudged the leaves on a peat/vermiculite mix and cover them with saran wrap or you can bag them to keep the humidity up. I'm sure there's a lot listed on rooting ping leaves on the forum and what to root them in.

Most of the other droseras I use either lfs or a peat/perlite mix. Just don't repot the drosera peltata auriculata as it'll kill the plant. Sounds like that one got shook up in the mail anyways and might not live. It's the only one I believe that had sand in the pot.

Glad it got there so quick.

Enjoy, JoAnn

Hi JoAnn!

Can you please pm me your address i lost it, i am going to mail out the postage on monday with the rest of my packages!

Back