What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. gibba

i have a medium plug(not sure if that is the correct term) i need to get rid of. so just pm me if interested.
thanks
adam

Why not release it into the wild?

Ahmad, it's a bad idea to introduce species into the wild... Like how you tried to introduce capensis in the wild.

Ahmad, it's a bad idea to introduce species into the wild... Like how you tried to introduce capensis in the wild.

2 things:

1) Isn't U. Gibba a world-wide plant? There's good chances there's some U. Gibba growing in a lake or something near the OP's house.

2) I never introduced D. Capensis to the wild. I only thought about doing it.

Yes, U. gibba has a large range, but it still isn't right to introduce new species, unless there IS a lake or something with U. gibba. And I know you didn't introduce capensis, but the fact that you thought about doing it.
Edit: Also, it'd be better if he let someone try this plant instead of disposing it. Anyway, I'm done posting here. :p

Ill take it to end the arguing lol

Just a note - U. gibba is all over the place, but a big part of that is because it's been introduced all over the place. Introducing more into environments where it isn't native isn't good, whether there are naturalized populations or not.
~Joe

Ahmad the closest body of water to me is our sewers or a lake 45 minutes drive away.

Ahmad the closest body of water to me is our sewers or a lake 45 minutes drive away.

Ah, okay.

Why not put it in the water trays of some of your plants?

idk. i just want to trade.

2 things:

1) Isn't U. Gibba a world-wide plant? There's good chances there's some U. Gibba growing in a lake or something near the OP's house.

Maybe U. gibba is everywhere, but there are different gene pools everywhere and you don't want to contaminate with an introduction. Just like humans are everywhere, but yet we don't all share the same genes.

This thread put a smile on my face after a long day at work. Thanks guys :)

Back