What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. "Sabre" for upcoming trade

EdaxFlamma

The Consuming Flame
N. "Sabre" for upcoming trade - New Pics

***UPDATE***

Hello everyone!

My N. "Sabre" has graciously spit out two basals that are rapidly increasing in size. I haven't seen any roots yet so I hesitant to remove them but I'm going to have to some time because the plant is getting kind of crazy.

These photos are from a few weeks ago and if you can believe it the basals and pitchers have gotten bigger since then...

3253876949_5600c8f475.jpg

3254703778_a9277ac624.jpg

More recent pics are below.

If you would like just a cutting (unrooted) that can be arranged too. Just send me a PM if you are interested! I think someone already mentioned that they were interested in a "Sabre" cutting but I can't remember who it is... Regardless there is at least one basal up for trade as well as a N. albomarginata ' 'green' with a basal of its own (included with the albo unless asked for separately). I am primarily looking for Highland or Intermediate Nepenthes (seed grown would be a plus) not on my growlist but you can try me with almost anything.

Thanks for looking!
-J.P.

PMed!

***UPDATE***

People asked for more pictures so here you go.

This is the latest pitcher on the main plant:
3358409620_354d660d77.jpg

3358409852_12681059eb.jpg

This is an aerial over the two basals. You can see the main vine in the back:
3357593115_58d3c6f271.jpg

This is the latest pitcher to come off of one of the basals:

3358409684_fc223cf8df.jpg

Happy viewing!
-J.P.

You have a PM from me as well!

Any more up for trade?

I haven't closed on a trade yet. This is still open. I am waiting a few more weeks for roots to show up on the basals and to follow up on an offer that was made. All offers have been noted (and much appreciated), ranked and put on a list. If one person defaults on an offer, I move down the list and there are two basals up for grabs so there is still plenty of time to get in on the action.

Thank you all for being so patient,
-J.P.

'purrty‼

I pmed you yesterday... let me know either way

thanks,
Jess

I was planning an update for sometime soon but here's what we got.

So far I can see roots starting to form on at least one of the basals if not both. And that was close to 2 weeks ago. I wanted to make sure I had roots before bringing this up again. I do want to apologize for starting this thread so early... I had no idea it would take this long. I would just go ahead and cut but I don't want to send someone something that is going to die.

Again I'm sorry guys, I'll keep everyone updated on when I'm making the cut and send out pics as soon as I dig it up again. I just don't want to keep stressing the plant.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
-J.P.

I've got something new!

N. albo-marginata from seed!

Back