What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. ionantha and S. rubra 'Ancestral'

Does anyone have extra P. ionantha to trade? Also, what ever happened to the S. rubra 'Ancestral' from around Columbus, GA? Are these still in cultivation?

I won some S. rubra ssp gulfensis "Ancestral Form" seed from last year's NASC auction. The location data on them is Crawford County, Georgia. I have seedlings now. I may also have a few seeds left if you're interested.

Crystal

I have a Sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis "Ancestral Form" from Crawford Co, GA that I won in the 2007 NASC auction from Est. That's the source of the seed that Crystal has.

I still have plenty of seed, it was pollinated from another "Ancestral Form" that Est has, not selfed although the plants may be divisions of the same plant. Who knows?

It can probably be divided this year. I haven't looked at it closely yet (or gotten the motivation :lac: ).

Crawford County appears to be about 60-70 miles from Columbus, GA. Is this the plant you are thinking of?:

Yes, that's the form I'm talking about. I'd love to trade for a division. I'd try seed, but have bad luck getting Sarracenia seedlings to mature down here. Thanks guys.

PM'ed

Back