What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Flower stalks wanted

If anyone has flower stalks from non-typical VFTs that they are going to snip off, please send them to me. I'll pay postage and we can work out some sort of trade either for something I have now or for the plants that I might be able to make from the flower stalks.

Thanks!

Man wish you would have posted a few days earlier, i just sniped my B-52 flower stalk, I would have gladly gave it to you : / all that's left is a 1/2 inch stalk lol

Would leaf pullings work for you. I cut off a lot of flower stalks already, but I have plenty of varieties to pull leaves from.

my dentate is making a flower, ill hold on to it for ya, pm me and remind me though

~billy

Would leaf pullings work for you. I cut off a lot of flower stalks already, but I have plenty of varieties to pull leaves from.
Thanks a lot for the offer jfoley! I've had a little success from leaf pullings, but it is very challenging and whether or not they work is dependent on a lot of factors.

I'd be willing to try with your leaf pullings though. Basically the rules are:
1) The plant should be growing indoors. A greenhouse is ok, but indoors in a terrarium is even better. Basically, it needs to have been growing in a clean environment.
2) The tissue should be new growth. Preferably from a leaf that hasn't even opened up the trap yet.
3) The piece of tissue should be pretty large. It's best to peel the leaf all the way down to the base of the rhizome.

If you've got tissue like that and you would be willing to send some to me, I'd pay for shipping costs and I'd send you plants in exchange either in the future or with some of the plants I have now. I should have a lot more plants to trade soon because I'm getting some of them started in cultures now.
my dentate is making a flower, ill hold on to it for ya, pm me and remind me though

~billy
Thanks a lot for the offer Billy! I just sent you a PM.

What are you going to do with snipped flower stalks?

Try to put them into tissue culture.

Back