What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roridula gorgonias seeds for trade

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hey TF,

I've got 2 Roridula gorgonias seeds for trade. Pre-smoke treated and everything, just plant 'n sprout! ;)

Im looking for Neps (truncata or any hybrid involving it are my first choice), S. flava of any kinda, Stylidium, VFTs, really anything. Dont be afraid to ask!

Thanks,
Frankie

P.S. if you guys longboard (skate), im looking for new Randal trucks! :D We can work something else out for those. :)

How do you approach smoking them?

I put the seeds in a water filled ashtray, and speratley started a fire made of grass, triwgs, banches, and some wet grass (for smoke). After ~1 hour, i put a pedestal in the middle of the smoking mess, the ashtray with the seeds on that, and covered the entire thing with a large cloth. The seeds soaked up the smoke for ~30 minutes, and then i gathered some left over ahs and miced in the water they are currently in. Ta-dah. :)

Okay, so they need to absorb the smoke. What about the temperature? Can they take the heat generated by being in the middle of it? Can't I just use a toaster oven?

my biggest problem is the heat actually. If you leave 'em in too long and/or the fire isnt correctly built (your trying to make smoke, not flames), you'll boil your seeds. Yes, i believe the chems in the smoke is what triggers the seed to grow. I also let them soak in the smoke-water-ash until i see a root forming, then i pot them up. :) Hope this helps!

How about a neighbor's barbecue?

i seriously think a smoker might work lol.

Back