What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ampullaria trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, um, can this part of the thread be removed? It really doesn't mean much to the point of the thread or help explain the need for permits.

Also amps are lovely plants, and the only reason I see why cephs are worth more is because they aren't as common in cultivation. Besides, if I had a giant clone of a ceph that was a cultivar (meaning other people have genetically identical plants) and that I clone it myself I would be more then willing to part with one for an amp like tricolor not mater how small. I wouldn't lose the plant but I would make my collection more diverse. Now, I got a SEED GROWN ceph for $30. No one else has a plant with the same traits and will behave the same way and was grown for YEARS to reach a size where it is showing maturity. If your telling me that a average Joe can't get a giant of ANY form for under $50 AND that at least a few of them managed to get multiple plants to trade they would just pass up the offer? In any case, these plants are worth a giant ceph cultivar period. (I don't even see where he asked for a mature plant) Now, I also believe many of the successful ceph growers want to see others in other countries getting to grow these lovely plants and that if the person requesting them can get permits they would be more then willing to trade. I do see how Kris sounded rude, but insulting a person who doesn't speak English as a primary language, or even that often, shouldn't be compared to some one who has had 2 YEARS with speaking it as their primary language. Yes two years makes a HUGE difference when it comes to language. Also most people in my school can't say more then a few sentences in their second language and that he is MILES ahead with a very difficult to learn language. I will remove this little rant if the other posts are removed)

people, cant we all just get along?

Pyro, you made your point. You think SK messed up. I hope you weren't counting me as one of those "2" people you mentioned earlier lol, because i was just saying it in general!

SK, you made your point, you dont think you did, or at least not as bad as "Everyone" is saying. Enough then, we can agree to disagree, no?

And leaving a forum because someone made you upset, in my opinion, is utterly and completely ball-less. Im sorry, but seriously, stand up for yourself! Hiding in the shadows does nothing but make your "aggressor" feel that they won. What is that doing for you? Its like the classic case of bullying, fight the hell back! You dont have to metaphoricaly "win", but fighting back at least makes you feel like you did something, and shows people your no rag doll. Leaving, running away, etc...are all shameless and the cowards way out. No matter how horrible people are to you, fleeing just lets them win without a fight.

And please no "i cant speak english" complaints from anyone. I couldnt either for a while, and yet im oh-so-eloquent now, and im not using that as an excuse (im not just saying this to SK or YtK, it eveyrone!). None of my entire family uses that as an excuse. All it did was make us tougher.

Frankie- i did stand up for myself
and i was bashed down again, i was not trying to be rude, hell i even attempted to apologize there on the top of the second page. And again, i was bashed down.
Excuse me for feeling that asking for stuff in return seems a wee bit greedy.
I have been so damn generous to people on this forum and other forums.
Giving away seed, gifts with purchases from me, or just straight up random gifts, or even adding extra stuff for free onto trades, and not ever asking for anything in return.
Frankie, you won ONE darlingtonia 'mountain variety' from me on the NASC auction, i sent you 2, did i ask for anything in return for that extra plant?
no.
Halt- if you read this, i gave you quite a few gifts.
I thought that asking for cuttings back later in return was a bit greedy, though i did say if you would read my first post, that many people on these forums would be kind enough to do so.
When i first read the post, i only saw green and spotted amps up, not the tricolor, now known as Harlequin.
Trust me, i love amps, dont get me wrong.
Ant- I have a seedgrown ceph as well. Doesnt mean too much TBH, its nice to know its unique, but its not like a Nep where most are male in cultivation and your hoping for god its a female, or a pure species.
Frankie again, the whole Ball-less comment, really not called for considering i have stood up for myself, And im tired of being flamed.
Ill pop in time and again to say hi or put my input in on a nep thread or something.
Dont expect me to reply to threads from people who just flamed the hell out of me for saying a trade didnt sound fair.

Enough is enough. This thread is closed.

I have been so damn generous to people on this forum and other forums.
Giving away seed, gifts with purchases from me, or just straight up random gifts, or even adding extra stuff for free onto trades, and not ever asking for anything in return.

Nobody (that I can see at least) iis questioning your generosity.

Dont expect me to reply to threads from people who just flamed the hell out of me for saying a trade didnt sound fair.

Just a point of clarity (because I think this is important): It appears to me that a bulk of the "flaming" is based on the correcting of grammar, spelling, etc. and the semantics; which is often times seen (on forums) as a low blow trying to undercut someone else for no better reason than they misspell words or use the wrong word (I'm not saying this was your intention, SirKristoff, and please don't "assume" that I am joining in on the "flame war" because I am not; that is just my observation of many years on forums). Of course, English not being your first language either (as you pointed out), I'm confident that you typically sympathize with those that are in the same (or similar) boat.

YtK - you may post another thread with your trade if you would like.

Everyone else - if the trade does not interest you or you think it is unfair, do not respond to it.

xvart.

Enough is enough. This thread is closed.

Sorry X but I would like to address a couple things.

Just a point of clarity (because I think this is important): It appears to me that a bulk of the "flaming" is based on the correcting of grammar, spelling, etc. and the semantics; which is often times seen (on forums) as a low blow trying to undercut someone else for no better reason than they misspell words or use the wrong word

I do not know that "flaming" is the word I would chose but I recognize that some people think that. Addressing something that came across as an insult, whether intentional or not, I do not see as flaming. But once the person who did the insulting, intentional or not, refuses to offer any type of apology and instead defends the insulting action I take the issue quite seriously because it that is in violation of the terms of use of this forum.

Pyro, you made your point. You think SK messed up.

My point was as I stated above. SK, whether intended or not was insulting and per his own words should have offered an apology. He chose not to and instead defended his wrong action. That put him in violation of the terms of use.

I hope you weren't counting me as one of those "2" people you mentioned earlier lol, because i was just saying it in general!

No Frankie, I was not counting you. I was aware that you were making a general statement applicable to the forum at large.

And leaving a forum because someone made you upset, in my opinion, is utterly and completely ball-less. Im sorry, but seriously, stand up for yourself! Hiding in the shadows does nothing but make your "aggressor" feel that they won. What is that doing for you? Its like the classic case of bullying, fight the hell back! You dont have to metaphoricaly "win", but fighting back at least makes you feel like you did something, and shows people your no rag doll. Leaving, running away, etc...are all shameless and the cowards way out. No matter how horrible people are to you, fleeing just lets them win without a fight.

Frankie, perhaps I am misreading this but I get the feeling you are insinuating/implying that I am a bully who is doing this for no reason other than I am on some kind of power trip. If that is the case then I have to say I rather resent the accusation. Mods do not act in a vacuum. Other Mods and the Admin were aware of my addressing this issue and would have put the reins on me if they felt I was doing it for no reason other than to pick a fight. If any of the Mods or the Admin feel I was out of line then they can address me, here or in private, and I will publicly apologize. I am not the type to refuse to admit when I am wrong.

hell i even attempted to apologize there on the top of the second page. And again, i was bashed down.

Kris, you did not attempt to apologize. what you said was:

Ill be the first to say im sorry if i sounded rude in any way

That is not an apology nor is it an attempt to apologize. That is a conditional statement; a promise to apologize if you sounded rude. But, when you were told that what you said did sound rude and had offended, even if that was not the intent, you never said I apologize for coming off sounding rude, that was not my intent, instead you stood my your actions and defended them.

Excuse me for feeling that asking for stuff in return seems a wee bit greedy

You are entitled to feel that way. You are not entitled to bash someone for doing it however.

When i first read the post, i only saw green and spotted amps up, not the tricolor, now known as Harlequin.

Kris, this is your original post on the matter:

doesnt seem like much of a trade if your asking for a plant then wanting to receive a part of the plant back.....those 3 amps are rather cheap and easy to come by, giant clones of ceph on the other hand are not....many people are generous enough to send cuttings out after the plant is established.....maybe if it were something a little cheaper than those plants, but i have seen all 3 of those for less than 15-20$ and giant clones of ceph upwards of 300+ $

Right there you say "3 amps" and "all 3 of those". To me it does not at all seem like you only saw green and spotted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back