What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar Giveaway - International Interest Welcome!

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Good evening everyone. Similar to my N. truncata Giveaway, I'm going to give a section of mylar to one person who posts something in this thread. There is some history behind this mylar, and so if you will indulge me...

This piece of mylar is big enough to cover the back and a portion of the side of one of those standard shelving units bought at Lowe's (or wherever). I received this through a trade with Jayson16, and I don't think he used it. I believe it was a leftover piece.

This was my first experience with mylar, and while I really don't care what you do with it, I would ask that you not cut it up to go in a terrarium but to use it on a shelving unit or something else.

Could this piece of mylar become that Christmas gift fruitcake that gets passed around the Terra Forums community? Who knows. I'm going to write Jayson16 and xvart on it so the winner will never forget who has had this piece of mylar in their possession.

This piece of mylar is used. It may need a cleaning since there are water and dirt spots all over it. If you think I'm going to clean it for you, think again. :0o:

Rules (if you can call them that):
There will be no rhyme or reason to this give away. There is no provided time line or end time. It will end whenever I decide. Anyone interested should post here and then I will somehow randomly select someone and then contact them for their address.

mylar.jpg

xvart.

Dibs.

Jason

This would look absolutely great on my wall. Like a chaotic space-age piece of fine art.

Count me in!

Oh, and this can go international!

xvart.

Ehh why not, put me in :) This will be fun yrs down the road to see who gets it!

Meee, I so need it ><

Ooh, I've been looking for some of this for my grow rack! And whats better than a piece of history?

Thanks!

Count me in too!

Thanks again,

Little (Well not so little )old lady in the back of the room waving both arms back and forth over her head Oh! Oh! Pick me Pick me!!!

Sorry about all that noise.after a certain age those wings(hangy down things that older women get on their upper arms) sometimes take on a mind of their own, Next time iIwill gently wave my famous left hand.
LMO

Last edited:
Count me in! Historical, eh? Is it an antique? LOL!

Aslan

The "random selection" process is starting to formulate in my head... I could see this closing as soon as tomorrow night but possibly this weekend. Thanks everyone for the interest and I'm glad to be finding a great home for this... reflective material...

xvart.

The "random selection" process is starting to formulate in my head... I could see this closing as soon as tomorrow night but possibly this weekend. Thanks everyone for the interest and I'm glad to be finding a great home for this... reflective material...

xvart.

Sow a single capensis seed corresponding to every entrant. First sprout wins.

Jason

Haha what a great idea xvart! Im glad its being used for something.

Geez xvart, it's a mylar matress!

And if 2 seeds tie, ya can break the tie with 2 more capeensis seeds! Do we get to keep The Capensis that sprout, 'cause if we don't ,you'll sure end up with a BUNCH of them!(Not that most of us have ever done that before....)

Happy growing!

Aslan

Xvart,
I hate to break it to you man, but form what I have heard, the mylar should be on the ceiling, not the mattress...
:-O
Sorry, sorry, I could not resist.

This would look absolutely great on my wall. Like a chaotic space-age piece of fine art.

Count me in!
Xvart,
I hate to break it to you man, but form what I have heard, the mylar should be on the ceiling, not the mattress...
:-O
Sorry, sorry, I could not resist.

Hey, how did you know that's the wall I was talking about? :-D

Back