What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Drosera Spatulata seed.

Update.
1. Dashman
2. I am Bob
3. Vbkid
4. Millipede
5.awgaupp
6.nealfor
7.Rocketcaver
8.jimscott
9.Aslan
10.catrus

Hi guys, I am not sure on what form of spatulata these are. I got the mother plants as a freebe plant due to the winning of a cephalotus Hummers giant. They do get nice pink flowers.
They do get a nice red color when grown in bright light.
I was out in the greenhouse today, counting how many flower stalks I have. I counted (16) flower stalks. There were (18) of them, but I had to clip those two. Those two produced dummy pods for me. May be due to the heat out here I live in Arizona.
There is still a bunch of new flower stalks waiting to ripen and to see if those produce me any seed. I will still be giving you all free seed as promised.
Due to the temps out here, It may be a few more weeks or so, but I will be making sure that I get you all your seed that I promised.
Thank you all for your requests and understanding.
I will keep all of you posted.

Would they be temperate? or tropical. maybe PM the auctioner

You too huh Millipede. My filiformis is going crazy too this year. I had only 2 flower stalks on my plant last year. This year I have counted 11!

I only have 1 stalk!

Hi guys. I did some more research on D. Spatulata and it is a Tropical sundew. I have had the Mother plants for well over a year now. Collecting last seasons seed. I got tons of seed. I planted a bunch of it last year and now have a 6in. pot of like 150-200 D. Spatulatas. and some other little 3in pots with about 25-30 plants per little pot.
This years summer start was unusually hot. Actually a record high. Due to that, I have the mother plants growing in a shadier spot, and keeping the soil extra moist. The plants seem to always be in flower. They flower profusely for me. I have plants that I planted from seed last year, and some of them are now flowering as well. I will soon have a couple hundred flowering plants hopefully. So there will be plenty of free seed to be given away for free my friends.
Upon request, I can email you guys some pics of all the plants. They aren't as red right now due to them being moved to a shadier spot.
If you do want to see pics, Please PM me your email, and I will get you some pics shortly.

lol, WOW dashman. you must have a big pot of em. i have 6 for now. two stalks on each growth bud. but i think theyll keep making em. this is my first filiformis so i dont have any exp with them... my multifida is making flowers too but last year i didnt get any seeds from the flowers. whats up with that? i can never seems to get my pitcher plants to make seeds either even tho i pollinate them

They do get nice pink flowers.
Perfect. That will go with the white variety that is close to opening up a flower.

Update. Hi everyone. It may be a little longer for the seed. For some reason, my mother plants are producing empty flower pods for me. The are flowering profusely, but not producing any seed for me at the moment.
They haven't done this to me before. Sorry about that. I will be sure to get everyone there seed once the seed is ready.
Please bear with me here.

Can I still obtain these? ("Plenty of seed")

Hi Clue. I can add you to the list, but it may be a little longer than expected. I did not expect my mother plants to produce empty pods for me. Its probably too hot at the moment. I will be giving there seed as promised.
And yes. I can add you to the list.
1. Dashman
2. I am Bob
3. Vbkid
4. Millipede
5.awgaupp
6.nealfor
7.Rocketcaver
8.jimscott
9.Aslan
10.catrus
11. clue

I will keep everyone posted and once the seed is ready, I will PM everyone to let them know to expect there seed. I am sorry for the delay

is it still possible to get in?

1. Dashman
2. I am Bob
3. Vbkid
4. Millipede
5.awgaupp
6.nealfor
7.Rocketcaver
8.jimscott
9.Aslan
10.catrus
11. clue
12. M Jacobs

Anything for a fellow Marine. Semper Fidelis my Brother
1. Dashman
2. I am Bob
3. Vbkid
4. Millipede
5.awgaupp
6.nealfor
7.Rocketcaver
8.jimscott
9.Aslan
10.catrus
11. clue
12. M Jacobs
13.USMCSKI

For the lark of it, here's a picture of an opened white flower spatulata. I'm not home when it blooms:

Picture009-8.jpg

Hi,
Oh ! I late well I want one count me in please !

please add if available....cheers.

Please add me if available, thanks.

is this a SASE?

Back