What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes seeds needed

i am starting a small collection of cp and i would love some pitcher plants, nepenthes do better inside so some seeds for them woud be great.

any help for a noob would be much appreciated :)
:poke:

Well It's unlikely you will find seed. You see, nepenthes are male and female and most plants in cultivation are males. The seed also has a short shelf life. You'd be much happier buying a larger plant I'm sure.

I agree with John on this one.

These species are fairly easy species. I'd start with these and work you way up.
N. sanguinea
N. ventricosa
N. alata (highland or intermediate forms)
N. x ventrata
N. miranda

Well It's unlikely you will find seed. You see, nepenthes are male and female and most plants in cultivation are males. The seed also has a short shelf life. You'd be much happier buying a larger plant I'm sure.
While he may indeed be happier if he purchases a common Nep - there are Nep seed giveaways in this forum periodically - like this one from just last month... :blush:

Drew - probably want to read the Trading Forum rules / guidelines at the top before posting. Just asking for a freebie is considered bad form ... :nono:

Back