What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

live Sphagnum cutting for SASE

hey just thought I would try to get some Live Sphagnum Cuttings for a SASE.

Thanx

I could use some, PM'd

I am actually looking for some for myself. If anyone has some they could spare I could send them a SASE.

Sorry for the confusion

I know a place near my house where there's some sphagnum growing. I could cut some heads off if you want and SASE them to you. Might be a bit awkward in a standard envelope, but I could probably do it if it were big enough. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll go make sure they're still there.

How big would it have to be?

You don't need to get live sphagnum, since you're growing CP's (preferably Bog plants, like vft's and sarracenia) the peat mix you're using contains dead spores, which will germinate. Before long, you'll never run out of the stuff...

You don't need to get live sphagnum, since you're growing CP's (preferably Bog plants, like vft's and sarracenia) the peat mix you're using contains dead spores, which will germinate. Before long, you'll never run out of the stuff...

This isn't true... my plants are in peat moss and there's no LFS to be found even though it's been well over a year. ???

This isn't true... my plants are in peat moss and there's no LFS to be found even though it's been well over a year. ???

Weird...hmmm. Usually after I pot up a plant in peat moss, after a few weeks i see sphagnum moss sprouts in there. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to work for me at least...

Weird...hmmm. Usually after I pot up a plant in peat moss, after a few weeks i see sphagnum moss sprouts in there. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to work for me at least...

Works for me as well on every pot

strange. maybe i'm just unlucky.

Well maybe I will have luck with that???

You people must be magic, I've never had anything other than rot and non-sphagnum moss come up in sphagnum peat. maybe it's the brand?
I could probably fit some heads of sphagnum in a normal white envelope, but overall one of those larger manila ones would be more convenient, or maybe a padded envelope. I don't know how you'd do a SASE with one of those though.

I use premier Peat moss. Comes in a large dried bale from Lowes.
No magic, just lots of water, light and love :-))

Hey Thanx guys but I think I am going to try to grow my own, from the store bought kind.
we well see if I have any magic:-O???

Back