What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepfreak

Nepenthesian
EDIT: it appears that these are not nitulda x pulchella as the title says, but placeae ssp. something or other.
I have some pygmy sundews (some form of palaceae, maybe roseana) that are opening up gemmae crowns, as you can see:

IMG_3008.jpg

These look pretty nice, as you can judge from the picture, and grow as easily as any capensis. The ones you see are grown on a south-facing window. I'd be interested in trading for any other pygmy drosera gemmae (but especially pure pulchella, "Lake Badgerup," occidentalis, or anything that's red!), or any drosera seed that doesn't require stratification and won't go dormant. -- but I'll consider anything. PM if interested.

It's still rather early, I realize, since only 7 or so of the 24 plants are opening crowns and they're not quite fully developed, but I like to harvest on the day I send them so this leaves some time to coordinate.

-Ben

Nice pot of ....probably roseana

Hey Ben,

I'd like to trade some gemmae for your nitulda x pulchella gemmae. I have several small pygmy Drosera that are also forming gemmae and are at about the same point yours are. I have no idea what species they are. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it so you can see if you're interested.

---------- Post added 10-23-2009 at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-22-2009 at 09:13 PM ----------

Here are a couple of shots:
pygmy%20drosera.jpg

pygmy%20drosera2.jpg

Any idea what species?

Roseana, you think? I definitely got it labeled as nitulda x pulchella. But you're right, the leaf shape doesn't look exactly right. I sent a message to the vendor I got it from (with this thread linked for the picture) so hopefully I'll be able to get a positive ID. mmlr, you have a PM.

Lake Badgerup ...if the flower is small white with red stigmas...like this one
http://droseragemmae.com/images/lake_badgerupf1.JPG
It definitely had little white flowers, but I didn't take a photo of them and I can't remember if the flowers had red stigmas or not. I'd say your guess is probably right though.
Roseana, you think? I definitely got it labeled as nitulda x pulchella. But you're right, the leaf shape doesn't look exactly right. I sent a message to the vendor I got it from (with this thread linked for the picture) so hopefully I'll be able to get a positive ID. mmlr, you have a PM.
I'm interested in knowing what I'm trading for (though only for knowings sake--I'll be happy with the plants even without knowing), so keep me posted. I got the PM...responding to it now.

Back