What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preferred: plants, seeds, cuttings (please ignore the horrible spelling of names)

I would like:

SPECIES OF PLANTS NATIVE TO CALIFORNIA! and the U.S I.E.:
Drosera rotundifolia -California inland variety
Drosera filiformis var. tracyi D. filiformis
Drosera brevifolia
Drosera anglica -california variety

Some of these Pings:

P. agnata
P. gigantea
The common butterwort: Pinguicula vulgaris --American variety only! On this thought, about any American temperate butterworts.
P. conzattii
P. caerulea - NC, SC, GA, FL USA
P. ionantha - FL USA
P. lutea - LA, MI, Alaska, NC, SC, FL, USA
P. planifolia - FL, Miss, USA
P. primuliflora - Ala., Ga., Fla., Miss. USA
P. pumila -Tex, La, Ala, NC, Ga, Fla, USA, Bahama

S. alata, S. leucophylla

bladderworts-terrestrial (that can grow outside in a bog in zone 10)

Thanks!

Many things on my grow list are for trade. Some are not. Not for trade: D. regia, most of the Sarrs, P. 'Titan', D. adelae.

Have two very interesting 'typical' venus flytraps. They are quite unique. One only turns pink despite the brightest of light, the other has interesting teeth, coloration (gets a DEEP red) and stays rosetted.

Last edited by a moderator:
N. bicalcarata and N. rajah.

It's a little off topic, but how do you keep your D. regia cool at night (55 degrees?) I was wondering how to do the same for highland Neps like N. inermis, N. singalana, etc.

SDCPs would like... ooh ooh, I know! A pony! It's a pony, right? Right?

[reads thread]

Aw...

@wo3

I don't keep my D. regia outside right now. They are only seedlings. Wait-- D. regia needs cool nights? I wasn't aware of this. Please tell me more.

Our temperature drops at night, to at least the 60s even in the summer, in the winter it goes to the 40-30s

@ Nesler: What made you think I wanted a pony?

I don't grow regia (wish I could), but I know it needs cool nights, and that's why I don't grow it. I have read on other forums that people have killed theirs from heat exhaustion. Cool nights being relative, as D. regia is somewhat like a highland Nep (except it might be a bit more sensitive), so 60-55 degree nights are in order, and cool days would help as well. From what I've heard, it likes a lot of light, just like almost every other sundew. As for the other requirements, well drained soil, deep pots... you know the drill. In my opinion, this sundew is just like any other (but it hates root disturbance), except for the need to stay cool.

BTW: Good luck trying to get P. conzattii... ...no offense, but you probably won't find it.

I don't care about not getting it :)

I don't want ALL of those, just a few. Whatever comes--comes!

Thanks for your interest wo3.

P.S. I have seen wo3 on several different forums, are you all the same person?

Yes, I am the same person in all forums. (Person defining a nerdy, CP crazed 13 year old kid).

so then, you are interested in my D. venusta plantlets correct?

Yes. :-D

Where did you find D. venusta in the first place?

See me on the WoC forum for and answer.

C'mon guys...oh, it hasn't even been a day yet.

I thought you weren't supposed to mention other retailers of CPs...

Whatever. I should really stop ruining the fun. :)

This thread is getting me nowhere. I'm going to try another one.

Back