What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE: THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED.

Sorry, this offer is limited to the USA only due to postage limitations and time considerations.

I harvested seeds of N. [thorelii x (stenophylla x lowii)] x (veitchii x Tiveyi) a few days ago. The seeds will grow in intermediate conditions, and probably also in lowland conditions.

If you would like to try growing some of the seeds, copy the most recent list below, add your name to it, and post it. Then PM me (let me know if you're also interested in Ceropegia stapeliiformis seeds, as I might have some on a few days), and I'll respond with my mailing address. Send me an SASE and your TerraForums name, and I'll send you some seeds.

Sign ups are limited through Dec. 9 only to those who have not successfully grown Nepenthes from seed (if you've tried and failed, you qualify). After that, anyone else may sign up.

I'm definitely a candidate. Successfully growing sarrs from seed but never neps. Check your pm

1.Gregny

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)
6. huy716

OH nevermind!
ive grown neps from seed lol.
Generous offer there Tropics!

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)
6. huy716
7. F R e N c H 3 z (Thanks! I'm an epic failure with these, bound to eventually get one!)

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)
6. huy716
7. F R e N c H 3 z (Thanks! I'm an epic failure with these, bound to eventually get one!)
8. Drew (thaks alot man :) )

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)
6. huy716
8. Drew (thaks alot man )
9.kamiljablo Thanks!

1.Gregny
2.Huntsmanshorn
3.Nepenthes101
4.Fred P
5.cmm889 (thanks!)
6. huy716
8. Drew (thaks alot man )
9.kamiljablo Thanks!
10. Indigo (never try to grow from seed before)

awww man, i'm too slow. Well, i don't know the seed would have survived shipping through this cold anyway.

awww man, i'm too slow. Well, i don't know the seed would have survived shipping through this cold anyway.

yeah, i was gonna sign up earlier, but I figured the seeds would perish sitting in my mailbox all day in below freezing temps.

UPDATE: THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED.

Some people who signed up still haven't PMed me for my mailing address.

The Cliff Notes for germinating Nep seeds is to sprinkle the seeds (but don't bury them) on the medium (something like long fibered sphagnum or a mix of half peat moss and half perlite), keep the medium very moist, and keep the humidity high. If you want more info about germinating Nep seeds, visit http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109667

Seeds Received. Thanks Tropics! Just got them in some media. Reflecting the reading you recommended, 10 days of darkness begin....

DSC01950.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab155/gerg200/DSC01945.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab155/gerg200/DSC01947.jpg

thanks again tropic i got them yesterday and planted them immediatly

Received my Nep seeds today. Thanks again for being so generous with them. There was a very good amount of them. I really do appreciate it.

Received mine today, thanks a lot Tropics for the offer!

I haven't received SASEs from several people who signed up. This can't go on forever, so if I don't receive your SASE by the end of this year (Dec. 31), consider this offer ended. It usually takes about 3 days for mail to get here, so you still have time. I send PMs notifying people from whom I received SASEs, so if I haven't PMed you and you sent your SASE more than 3 days ago, please let me know.

Back