User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need: D. rotundifolia from specific locations; P. lutea (any location)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do have a couple rotundifolia x intermedia from leaf pulls just before , dormancy form a local biological research station in va. , purchased them thinking the seller said just rotundifolia , but on the recipt he wrote the name as stated here rotundifolia x intermedia . so not entirely sure what i have . PM me if interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

@ ieat100s: at least my (what would you call it) outburst is getting results. Seriously, I have gotten more VISIBLE results from this thread than from all my chatting with people.

@ NaN, (I knew I should have pm'd you) yes I do, but my bog is READY! I've gotten everything needed for it (through lots of hard work and negotiations, not to mention the generosity of some members. Cp-connection sent me some seeds of the weed (u. subulata) that i'm about to put in my bog for free, and many members have traded with me, like Fred, who has supplied me with over 6 lecophylla plants that are genetically different, three of which are in my bog. As you can imagine, I am very frustrated at this little rotundifolia thing. Much of my energy has been devoted to building my bog quickly and securely. Please allow me to add you to this list.
    I didn't read your post well enough, I apologize . I didn't know it said that in three months you would know if you had seeds. I humbly ask that you reconsider.
    Still, all I was doing last post was stating the facts.

@Jimmy: thank you, but I am not interested in a rotundifolia hybrid of that sort...maybe I am. Not sure. I will have to see what comes up. Thanks for your offer, I will get back to you.

Guys, here are some pictures to convince you of my sincerity:

P.S. See, it IS on wheels!

"Planting oblivion,beating reason back..." -[Ven 55.7] Redflytrap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collected a little bit of seed of D. rotundifolia during my trip to a Darlingtonia habitat in Northern California back in 2007. I can give you one of my dormant plants (I only have 3 available) if you want it. —As Californian native as it gets.
    Will you be at the BACPS meet-up this Saturday Jan. 9th at UC Berkley Botanical Gardens? I could trade it there? Or I could put it in zip-lock back and send it in a little cushioned box through the mail. PM if interested.

-Jack
    "How doth my dear morsel, thy mistress?"
    -Shakespere [MM 3.02. 54p]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic. Well, I do believe I have seen some pretty reddish dews round here. They would probably be considered quite temperate, who knows though they might be able to adjust. From my experience D. rotundifolia will prefer a pure bed of live sphagnum moss.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys.

@Dexenthes

I have some d. rotundifolia seedlings sprouting right now. They are the Alaskan variety (as hinted at). Will d. rotundifolia grow in something other than pure sphagnum? I'm thinking of puting a layer of pure peat where they're 'sposed to grow.

The reason I ask about the color is that my seedlings are green right now, even though the're under strong florescent.

Ok, well I am currenty still looking for rotundifolia, but 2 offers have come up. One of them is red flytrap's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one growing in water, floating on top.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bog is definately not that wet...I hope d. rotundifolia like it drier than d. intermedia!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will probably grow. I can't say for sure though, haven't tried moving them out of their natural substrate to be honest. I do know that the ones around here like it very very wet. It's likely too that seedlings simply wont be very red, it might take all Summer, or possibly one or two seasons before the plants are large enough and mature enough to begin coloring up. It does seem like the intermedia around here prefer it more wet than the rotunds but probably not by much. I've seen many rotundifolias growing completely submerged in water before, so definitely very wet will be best.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast