What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"SASE"-D. capensis 'Albino'

thats four packs actually Maxx, probably over 250 seeds. Putting yourself down twice, thrice or more is perfectly fine as long as you follow the rules listed beforehand. Its first come first serve. (IDK what you'd want with 500 D. capensis 'Albino' seeds thought LOL! Too many plants to count!)

Some of you must not have sent anything! I'll figure out who later.

Keep them coming!

Oh I know, I put another stamp in for the second set of seeds. I just figured why not haha, I wanna fill my terrarium with something for now

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels

Maxx, yours is on the way!

I haven't received 12 letters let. Maybe 6...could it be the post office, or are people not sending anything? My PO box isn't big so it is possible the staff could have misplaced one or two. PM me if its been 2 weeks and you haven't gotten anything.

Sending mine out tomorrow.. :blush:

Got my seeds and just sowed them up. Thanks again!

getting antsy to get mine started. He should be getting my envelopes any day.

hey sdcp i sent my a month ago and still havent gotten it back.

uh oh.. sounds like he needs to check that P.O. Box more often!

1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels
14 Alex2751

1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels
14 Alex2751
15 ShaneC (x2)

After I get my seeds.. how long are they good for? Do I need to worry about stratification? Is it best for me to just sow them all right away? What's the best potting mix for sowing these seeds in?

I've had good success in 1-1 peat/perlite and 1-1 peat/sand. D. capensis is easy to grow

I've had good success in 1-1 peat/perlite and 1-1 peat/sand. D. capensis is easy to grow

wait.. so either or will work?

Here is the new list you should use:

1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels
14 Alex2751
15 ShaneC
16 ShaneC

plus indicates that the sender actually sent something and got it for sure:

1 Raven01000 +
2 Narnar ?
3 kgrudz -
4 Ngantnier +
5 Pandora +
6 Phil1 +
7 Zero Haven't heard anything from him.
8 Jag +
9 Vbkid +
10 Zhilin ?
11 Maxx +
12 Maxx +
13 Massmorels ------------------------------------------------ all below massmorels have sent too recently for me to tell.
14 Alex2751
15 ShaneC
16 ShaneC

I suggest you sow both packets on seperate pots. You should probably put them under lights and in bags. Sowing in sterilized peat/perlite is perfectly fine.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

hey sdcp i sent my a month ago and still havent gotten it back.

Hey kgrudz,

I have sent out everything that I got. It may be the post office's fault...I suggest you resend. Really sorry 'bout that.

BTW, I'm perfectly ok with it, but the red D. capensis leaves you sent didn't make it. They totally dried out. Next time, you need to put them in a plastic baggie so the moisture doesn't escape; that's why I sent a baggie with your cuttings. I don't require that you resend...or even suggest it. But by the same token (as brokken would say), If you want your seeds you need to resend. PM me again for my address, and make sure you address the envelope to the right place :jester:

Take care, hope we can clear the SASE thing up.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

uh oh.. sounds like he needs to check that P.O. Box more often!

And massmorels,

I check it twice--possibly more a week. Kgrudz would have gotten his by now. Remember, Its probably his fault (or the postoffice's) because all I do is insert the seed in the the envelope you guys address (padding it nicely of course) and drop it in the letter drop.

Obviously others are getting something.

Somebody Got Lucky

I go to the PO and behold, there is an envelope addressed to me! I open that envelope and see 5 stamps staring at me :0o:. Ok, this guy didn't sign up 5 times, but I have seed to spare for things like this. I pack 10 packs of seed into the small envelope, lick it, and look at the front. No stamp. Right there I had to make a decision. Should I just take the stamps as I threaten in the rules, or send off this thing. I thought, "He obviously didn't read the rules very well: he didn't sign up as many times as he sent stamps, and didn't put a stamp on the from of the letter. It is a SASE you know..." Of course, I should have looked more carefully at the front of the envelope before sealing all the seeds inside.

I decided to give it to him. So, Travis (whoever that is) has 1000+ seeds coming at him for the price of 800+, and got away with breaking the rules...whether intentionally or ignorantly.

In conclusion, Travis is very lucky. It may not happen again. Now if this Travis is honest and nice, he will send me a stamp...even though it is my fault sending him so many seeds :-D READ THE RULES AND KNOW WHAT A SASE IS! maybe I need to make the rules more clear (longer) :jester:

Even with that drain on seeds, I still have enough (I hope) to give everyone up to # 23 some seeds! CHEERS! :boogie:

Goodnight TF

I've never tried to grow from seed, but I figure this will give me plenty of practice! LOL

1 Raven01000
2 Narnar
3 kgrudz
4 Ngantnier
5 Pandora
6 Phil1
7 Zero
8 Jag
9 Vbkid
10 Zhilin
11 Maxx
12 Maxx
13 Massmorels
14 Alex2751
15 ShaneC
16 ShaneC
17 SGcvn69
18 SGcvn69

What a moron.. who would forget to put a stamp on both envelopes? You should fess up Travis! Geez.. :blush:

OMG!! I JUST GOT IT.. SASE stands for Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. I'm a little slow.. At least I got the Self Addressed part right. :-D

I go to the PO and behold, there is an envelope addressed to me! I open that envelope and see 5 stamps staring at me :0o:. Ok, this guy didn't sign up 5 times, but I have seed to spare for things like this. I pack 10 packs of seed into the small envelope, lick it, and look at the front. No stamp. Right there I had to make a decision. Should I just take the stamps as I threaten in the rules, or send off this thing. I thought, "He obviously didn't read the rules very well: he didn't sign up as many times as he sent stamps, and didn't put a stamp on the from of the letter. It is a SASE you know..." Of course, I should have looked more carefully at the front of the envelope before sealing all the seeds inside.

I decided to give it to him. So, Travis (whoever that is) has 1000+ seeds coming at him for the price of 800+, and got away with breaking the rules...whether intentionally or ignorantly.

In conclusion, Travis is very lucky. It may not happen again. Now if this Travis is honest and nice, he will send me a stamp...even though it is my fault sending him so many seeds :-D READ THE RULES AND KNOW WHAT A SASE IS! maybe I need to make the rules more clear (longer) :jester:

Even with that drain on seeds, I still have enough (I hope) to give everyone up to # 23 some seeds! CHEERS! :boogie:

Goodnight TF

Couldn't you have just opened up that envelope with the extra seeds, taken out your seeds, pull out a blank envelope of your own and jot down his address and your own, put inside 800 of those seeds (what he ''paid'' you for), and used up 1 of the 5 stamps he sent you as his part of the ''trade'' to pay the postage for that new envelope?

You didn't have to send it out with 1000 seeds, could've just as easily done this. But that's really generous that you mailed it out anyway! :-O :)

Back