What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Filliformis tracyi seeds...or more plants

Never mind

What's the rush? They grow really well from leaf cutting if you already have one!

I don't know! I just want to try some seeds of them. I like em already.

I have 3 of them--big plants too. Do these make a nice planter?

They grow like weeds from cuttings. You usually get 2-6 plantlets per 1-2" leaf cutting. Why bother with seeds right now since you have to stratify them? Your plants are likely to seed in the summer anyway.

If you say so guys...

If you say so guys...

Try new leaves in the spring. When they're almost done unfurling cut them off and put it on the surface of the peat. Put a few dabs of peat on top so the cutting doesnt try to escape.

I have taken an aversion to cuttings because they're all clones! Anyway, I'll just take from the three plants I have and have three clones (unless they're clones already). I was just trying to get genetically different seed. Don't really know why! :blush:

Thanks anyway!

D. filiformis var filiformis Florida All Red, does not go dormant.

leaf cutings. they need more light to show the full on red color. need to move them out to more light soon.

DSC_00150001_2.jpg

mature plants
DSC_00140001_1.jpg

Thanks for the success story.

I will take cuttings as soon as they finish waking up.

Thanks again Kulamauiman!

Back