What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeds for trade

Hi!

I´ve got this seeds:

D.capensis
D.spatulata
D.intermedia
D.tokaiensis
D.burmanii
D.filiformis red
Byblis liniflora
S.purpurea var purpurea
cocoon of D.paradoxa (but i dont know if there are seeds inside) some of them that i´ve opened had a few seeds, others, not even one.

I am watching leaf cutting (or roots cotting) from D.prolifera or D. schizandra or any species wich i dont have in my grow list.

Best regards!

now i´ve got to:

D.hartmeyerorum (but just 5 seeds) to trade!

what are the agricultural shipping issues?

Arrrgh! There are several there that I want.

If the paperwork isn't that bad, I would do it. Might cost, though.

If the paperwork isn't that bad, I would do it.
On receiving the seeds, it's just a bit of gov't bureaucracy - no big deal. To legally ship him plant material ... :0o:

Honestly i have never send to USA, just to Brasil, Spain, Italy, Thailand and england... like a normal letter..
with ou papers or anything like that... and always the seeds arrive perfectly.. to usa it needs some papers things? :S

Honestly i have never send to USA, just to Brasil, Spain, Italy, Thailand and england... like a normal letter..
with ou papers or anything like that... and always the seeds arrive perfectly.. to usa it needs some papers things? :S

I just do the normal letter thing too and have shipped to Canada. I'll also be shipping to Thailand here soon to. They always arrive safely. No paper work required.

Great so.. no excuses people! :-))

They always arrive safely. No paper work required.
Uhhh - because you do it and no one gets caught does not make it legal. To receive seeds legally in the USA, A small lot of seed permit is required. The permit owner (in USA) sends paperwork to the seed owner. The seed owner encloses the paperwork & seeds in envelope, attaches the address sticker and mails the envelope. It goes to a USA inspection station, where the seeds are inspected & then forwarded on to the final recipient.

When the laws are violated, it is typically the person receiving the material who bores the brunt of the punishment. Your advice, recommending that people ignore the laws (& violate them) is illegal & places people at risk for large fines.

A few years ago, a seller in another country, illegally shipped plants to someone here on Terra. The recipient of those plants had to pay a $2500 fine.

I got caught my first time. I was lucky and did not get fined, but the experience was not pleasant.

I will look up the paperwork. Does anyone have the link?

If you can make the paperwork maybe you could join with someone to your country and i send seeds for both (to make use of this i mean)

P.S: I am sorry, my english is not good (as you can see)

Feder, your English is just fine.

I like the sound of the seeds permit. I will try it.

There is something online that I want, too.

Well, I have my eye on D. hartmeyorum online, but I'd like trade with you. I am interested in D.burmanii, Byblis liniflora, D.paradoxa, D. hartmeyorum.

My only problem is that I have no seeds currently. :blush:
I do not know if there are any regulations about exporting plant material, or you importing them.

I dont have any problem to send...

And about exporting plant material (i mean roots cuttings or leaf cuttings, what i am looking for) if the roots/leaf are inside a little "ziploc bag" (with something wet) inside a letter and with papers arround to dissimulate there is not any problem...

have you goot D.adelae & D.prolifera to send roots/leaf cuttings?

Back