What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade: S. oreophila 'Sand Mountain' divisions. CA residents only!

Hi there,

I have several divisions of Sarracenia oreophila 'Sand Mountain' variety. This is not the all green variety but the veined variety. Frankly, this is not a very exciting looking plant - coupled with the fact that it has a short growing season, it is more of a collector's item than something that will take your breath away, however I am offering it for anyone's who's interested. I'm looking for anything not on my growlist. Open to California residents ONLY - as I cannot ship this plant outside CA w/o special permits due to its protected status.

If I'm not mistaken, you can ship them anywhere in the U.S. as long as your not receiving cash and making profit. It's a touchy subject that has been gone over many times here. I can't blame you for playing it safe though.

If I'm not mistaken, you can ship them anywhere in the U.S. as long as your not receiving cash and making profit. It's a touchy subject that has been gone over many times here. I can't blame you for playing it safe though.

IIRC, for species on CITES Appendix I (alabamensis, oreophila, jonesii), you can only perform giveaways to ship them legally throughout the United States. You can't charge postage or get anything in return unless you are going to do it inside of state or illegally :)nono:).

Brokken, I could get you any of these:
*Nepenthes sanguinea "Blood Red" unrooted cutting
*Nepenthes Deroose Alata basal
*Aldrovanda vesiculosa
*Utricularia inflata
*Sarracenia "Pyromaniac" division (feel free to ask what it is; it's a special plant)
*Drosera tokaiensis
*Drosera admirabilis

Oreophila is probably my favorite Sarracenia species. :-O

Back