What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for D. capensis seeds

I rid myself of my D. capensis a while back and the ones I had outside just became a nuisance and a breeding ground for slugs, so they went the way of the Dodo.
Now I'd like to add them back to the indoor collection and try to get a pot full of them. They're just too much fun!

Are there any kind and generous souls out there looking to get rid of any D. capensis seeds? Any forms would be fine 'all red', typical or alba. I dont currently have much in terms of trade but maybe we can work something out if you'd like something in return. Thanks !

Thanks Josh :hail:, that was a quick response!

If anyone has extras I'd still be interested! :water: Thanks in advance.

It's hard to believe that you completely eradicated them from your collection in the first place. It almost seems that once you have them, they'll never leave you.

Well I simply pulled them out so whatever roots are left in the soil that could possibly survive the entire winter outdoors here would be the only possibility of capensis still being in my collection. The bogs were frozen completely solid this winter but who knows capensis is pretty hardy.

Well I simply pulled them out so whatever roots are left in the soil that could possibly survive the entire winter outdoors here would be the only possibility of capensis still being in my collection. The bogs were frozen completely solid this winter but who knows capensis is pretty hardy.

That's one possibility. I've had Capensis come back from partially pulled roots. The other possibility being that you simply have ungerminated seed somewhere in your bogs.

I have capensis broadleaf plants I can send you. PM me if you'd like that.

I was just going to send you some broadleaf plants as well but SD beat me to it.

Well, I haven't been pm'd so you're still in the running Fred! You can afford shipping better than I can so...we'll see.

P.S. the leaves of broadleaf get really big in ideal conditions. Otherwise they can look more like normal capensis.

Hey Yan, I'll just throw some in when I send you the GRJ.

Back